The Financial Services Team at Teneo
Teneo's global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach are tailored to each situation and each client.
Our Financial Services team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans, solvent restructures and insolvencies across Financial Services businesses in multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and effect a restructuring.The Role
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside our established Financial Services team who will support you to utilise and enhance both your restructuring advisory and your implementation skills. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field, working with boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies in the Financial Services sector which are underperforming and/or facing financing, regulatory or sanctions issues.
As a Manager in the team you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all areas of Financial Services, with responsibility for leading workstreams, managing junior staff and supporting Directors and Managing Directors in client-facing delivery. Key Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Lead teams in the design and development of financial analysis to direct and support strategic and tactical decision making by clients;
- Support clients through the options analysis, planning and implementation phases of restructuring engagements;
- Work closely and collaboratively with client staff to deliver projects using outstanding technical skills and commercial awareness along with a willingness to deliver results;
- Manage key engagement workstreams, on both advisory engagements and formal insolvency appointments. This will include engaging directly with stakeholders and supporting Insolvency Practitioners in respect to statutory requirements;
- Collaborate on engagements with other Teneo teams, e.g. strategy or tax analysis;
- Understanding and actively managing risk from take-on through to completion of engagements;
- Actively support business development initiatives, building your own contact network and supporting Director/ Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities;
- Work to tight deadlines, adding value on complex, high profile and sensitive projects;
- Be innovative in developing client solutions;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
- Actively support practice and talent development;
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff;
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring; and
- Support wider business training initiatives.
What can we offer you?
- Financial or operational restructuring, insolvency or transaction experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services company, consultancy firm, bank or investment bank, or experience within a special situations fund;
- Strong finance skills (preferably ACA/ACCA/JIEB qualified) (ideally with first time passes) or have an MBA or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience;
- An understanding of the financial services regulatory environment, banking practices, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation;
- Good understanding of the financial services restructuring, insolvency and transaction marketplace, its trends, and key players;
- Very strong analytical skills, including: business analytics; short term cash flows; financing options, and an understanding of insolvency procedures and practices;
- Strong Excel analysis and modelling skills - other relevant technical analytical skills could also be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent reporting writing and financial analysis skills;
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people;
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite.
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Cash benefits allowance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Start your application