CAPITAL ALLOWANCE/ LONDON
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Surveyor to join our market leading Capital Allowances team; that sits within our wider Cost Consultancy department at CBRE. The current team of 7 features professionals who have property; quantity surveying and tax backgrounds and we have extensive experience of providing advice to a diverse range of clients during the design, construction, and acquisition and disposal process. We specialise in undertaking fully disclosed and detailed capital allowances reports that can be submitted to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC), to support claims for capital allowances purposes and we have an exemplary track record in agreeing claims with HMRC, without having to reduce the level of qualifying expenditure.
The successful candidate will ideally have a strong Quantity Surveying background; with an interest in carrying out analytical work. The individual must be a good team player and also able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative. The candidate must also have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be able to adapt to ever changing client and market requirements.
- Cost planning
- Building contract documentation cost analysis
- Company accounts additions cost analysis
- Providing building contract procurement advice for tax purposes
- Undertaking land valuations for tax purposes
- Providing design audit advice for buildings for tax purposes
- Preparation of investment and property valuation reports for capital allowances purposes for clients
- Identifying and attracting new clients by arranging visits and explaining the benefits of capital allowances to investors in Real Estate
- Analysing fixed asset additions to identify expenditure qualifying for capital allowances
- Being involved in a range of capital allowances advisory work including land remediation, transaction planning and technical advisory work
- Preparing client pitches and client presentations
- Co-ordinating the capital allowances due diligence process on acquisitions and disposals of Real Estate
- Strong background in Quantity Surveying
- Articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Confident addressing Real Estate, legal, tax, accounting and financial issues
- Highly developed communicator with the ability to make a good first impression
- Resilient, adaptable and above all, keen and enthusiastic with a hunger to learn and diversify
- A team player
- Confident to meet, network and socialise with potential and existing clients
- Able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
Follow the link to learn more about Project Management & Building Consultancy: https://indd.adobe.com/view/3bb8d797-1181-4b63-82b6-ef925fd5607f
Follow the link to watch a video about CBRE:
Working at CBRE
When you join CBRE you will have the support and resources of a global firm where an entrepreneurial mind-set is encouraged. You'll realize your potential with challenging work, fast-paced assignments, an environment of constant learning and commitment to results. To enable your success, we provide the best tools, training and leaders in the industry.
Our collaborative culture is built on our RISE values and reflects the needs and perspectives of our clients and our people. Our work is guided by our North Star: Creating the real estate solutions of tomorrow, so businesses and people thrive. This informs everything we do-from diversity, equity, and inclusion to sustainability initiatives to workplace safety and wellbeing. At CBRE, we believe that the more perspectives we have, the more dimensions we see. We welcome people with different backgrounds and experiences across industries to apply for open positions even if you do not match every element of the required skills. To discover more about what it's like to work at CBRE, visit Life at CBRE
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Dallas, is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2020 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees serving clients in more than 100 countries. CBRE serves a diverse range of clients with an integrated suite of services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In the UK, we service our clients from our offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, and Southampton.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.