Imagine how your ideas and expertise can change a patient's life. Patients are at the heart of what we do at Edwards Lifesciences. Our Finance teams work hard to optimize our current and long-term success and enable our ongoing strategy of innovation, leadership, and focus. As part of the team, whether providing analysis, forecasting, or reporting financial information, your application of accurate financial business practices will play a fundamental role in how we impact the quality of life for patients all over the world.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing regular and accurate day to day support to coordinate, manage and report on the NHS rebate scheme
- Researching variance details to identify anomalies and key drivers, and provide explanations
- Preparing and processing month-end journal entries; preparing balance sheet account reconciliations; gathering data and generating reports in support of trend analysis as well as providing complex administrative support including processing reimbursement invoices
- Assisting team to ensure Edwards compliance by applying knowledge of applicable regulations (e.g., Sunshine Act, SOX, GAAP financials, SEC, IRS) to develop explanations for internal and external auditors
- Assisting in analyzing weekly and monthly trends (e.g., expense, fringes)
- Gathering information to be used in presentations for management
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in or locally recognized degree/certification in Accounting or Finance & 1+ years of previous experience in Finance
- Fluent English, other European languages are a big plus
- Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, and related financial systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills, and critical thinking
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
What is it like to work at Edwards Lifesciences in the United Kingdom?
As a global leader in patient-focused medical innovations, we offer rewarding opportunities and exciting challenges in a truly international, dynamic and friendly work environment.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where all employees can grow, personally and professionally. To achieve this, we offer on-the-job development, training opportunities and the support and guidance provided by dedicated employee groups (the Edwards Network of Women, Edwards Foundation charity team, sustainability activities, and others).
Edwards Lifesciences in the United Kingdom also offers the following benefits:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Pension Scheme (double matching)
- Risk Life Insurance and Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Plan
- Service Awards
- Enhanced Sick Leave Benefits (Income Protection)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including health and wellness subsidy, onsite gym, massages, fresh fruit in the office, financial webinars, discount cards and much more.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.