Finance Analyst - DCS
Areas of Interest
London - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Business Sector: Data Centre Solutions
Reporting to: Finance and Contract Support Manager
CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally, we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Purpose of the Job
Provide a comprehensive financial and administrative service. Support Business Unit F&CSM with month end and financial reporting. Assistance with the management of the Portfolio will give the candidate experience and exposure to all aspects of the Finance and Contract Support Manager role. Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage.
- Continually review, maintain and improve billing, debt, work in progress, purchase orders and ledger postings against plan, forecast, prior year, divisional and company results and trends.
- Assisting in any works required on the ERP system & Maintenance of the ERP System.
- Ensure company/ SOX policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit.
- Maintenance and review of SOX checklist and compliance as required by the business.
- Reconcile TM1 to month end actuals.
- Assist with both internal and external audit queries in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve any areas of financial weakness within Business Unit in a timely manner.
- Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information.
- Continually update the accounting system user information to ensure the integrity of its financial data.
- Provide information and resolve issues raised by both external and internal auditors.
- Prepare accurate reports for the Business Unit in line with strict monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, and detailed Project Profitability reporting.
- Collate challenging, realistic, rolling, monthly Profit & Loss forecasts together with annual expectations based on the latest available management information.
- Attend monthly review of contracts and Business Unit to understand the business and how finance can support.
- Provide support to all Contract Managers on a monthly basis with finance reviews, S1 O1 reviews & manage all KPI's for the sites.
- Support the Finance and Contract Support Manager with the preparation of quarterly forecast and annual Business Unit plan in conjunction with the BU Leader and Contract Managers.
- Support and work close with the Contract Support team in reporting and managing the specific KPI's for sites.
- Any other reporting as requested by Finance and Contract Support Manager, Business Unit Leader or Divisional Management.
- Identify key stakeholders, including the Central Finance team, prioritize their needs and review monthly.
- Ensure issues and solutions are identified promptly, communicated to the appropriate level and resolution monitored via the CBRE monthly Contract and Business Unit review process.
- Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through regular site visits with focus on underperforming contracts.
- Provide financial support in the Business Unit This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge.
- Implement financial process improvements.
- Fully comprehend the financial and commercial detail of contracts within the Business Unit to ensure optimal performance and risk management.
- Visit sites, meet customers and communicate with Business Unit line managers.
- Share knowledge and best practice across the company.
Knowledge and Skills
- The successful person will be part qualified in a recognized CCAB accounting qualification.
- Strong month end experience with P&L and Balance Sheet review.
- Strong financial competence and analytical skills are essential to the position.
- The person should also be comfortable working on an integrated accounts package together with detailed knowledge of core office systems - particularly MS Excel.
This role requires a person, who has a strong customer focus, promotes team spirit, boosts morale and who subscribes to the Company ethos of continual improvement.
It is likely to suit an individual who is self motivated, reliable, and professional. They should be able to exercise an attention to detail which will be paramount to delivering the required job performance levels.
They should be experienced in time management in order that all tasks are correctly prioritised with skills in working to strict deadlines.
The position also demands a strong communicator who will build relationships at various levels within the organization.
Through these relationships the post holder will be confident enough to influence decisions and therefore performance in a pro-active manner.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)