Payroll and Pensions ManagerShrewsburyPermanent £35,000 - £38,000, 25 days annual leave rising with service + Bank Holidays, excellent pension and benefitsMonday Friday 37.5 hours per week 4 days in the office and 1 day WFH
Reporting to the Head of HR the Payroll and Pensions Manager will deliver the payroll and pensions function for the organisation.
The Payroll and Pensions Manager will work closely with all members of the HR and Finance Team.You will be responsible for timely delivery of the transactional day to day workings for payroll and pensions adhering to policies and procedures ensuring accurate payments are processed.Working with the outsourced Payroll processor to ensure payroll is delivered to employees and contractors on time each month.Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for timely and accurately preparation and thoroughly checking, monthly payrolls, ensuring compliance with all related policies and procedures, Company Pension Scheme regulations, NEST pension regulations and Government Legislation according to relevant deadlines.
- Responsible for setting monthly Payroll timetables and ensuring all departments adhere to the set timetable to ensure processing is delivered on a timely basis to the outsourced Payroll processor.
- Validating the accuracy of the Payroll exception reports and holding monthly meetings with the Head of HR and Finance Manager to approve payments.
- Day to day administration of the Payroll and Pensions including monthly reconciliations. Responding to queries and liaising with Budget managers and administrators as necessary.
- Responsible for the smooth running and review of benefit schemes, such as Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Handling all pension queries for employed staff and contractors via telephone and email.
- Propose changes to existing payroll and pension procedures, where these may bring improvements to the efficiency of current working practices.
- Timely submission of year end statements to HMRC, Company Pension and Nest Pensions.
- Maintaining necessary payroll records and personal staff files including timesheets and other input records and ensuring that they are verified and audited as necessary.
- Complying with Financial Regulations of the organisation, observing General Data Protection Regulations and acting in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Keeping up to date with Government legislation and Pension legislations and implementing any changes required.
- Provide relevant support to the annual audit process.
- To be a key individual for our HR bespoke systems, analysing data and creating spreadsheets, assisting the HR team and helping support employee queries.
- Responsible for accurately completing work in respect of starters, leavers, Pension Agency instructions, Change of Conditions, Statutory and Occupational payments and pay advances.
To be considered for the role, you will have previous experience working in a similar role. Due to the nature of the role you will have the ability to prioritise, plan and focus on deadlines, work under pressure and against agreed timeframes and performance targets. You will have excellent communication skills, very good attention to detail and the ability to manage a busy workload.The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours
.If you do not hear from us within this time your details wont be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.About Us
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client.Whether youre seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract You'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales.Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment.With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.Reference: BLB25927