We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant based at our Head Office in Stratford-upon-Avon.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
We are open to the level of experience for this position, so the suitable candidate could match one of the following:
Role and Responsibilities
- Trainee Accounts Assistant - Someone wishing to start (or are perhaps in the early stages of) a career in finance. Full training will be given together with an opportunity to develop skills across all areas of the accounting function.
- Accounts Assistant - Someone currently working, or has worked, in a finance department and now looking to utilise their skills across all areas of the accounting function. Your previous experience may be in credit control, purchase ledger, book keeping or similar.
- Daily banking.
- Sales ledger, posting bank transactions, credit control, following up debtor queries with departmental managers and customers.
- Purchase ledger, coding and inputting of invoices and credit notes, supplier statement reconciliations, payment runs and resolving supplier queries.
- Nominal ledger, posting bank, intercompany and other nominal ledger journals.
- Petty cash.
- Assisting an Accountant to close the month and resolve queries.
What we offer
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- An interest or evidence of starting a career in finance OR a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
- Confidence to handle queries face to face, over the telephone and via email.
- Capable of prioritising workload.
- Previous use of ADP would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Motor trade, automotive or car dealership experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Wellness Programme
- Sick Pay
- Group life insurance
- Staff discount on car servicing
- Listers Benefits - discounts on retailers, restaurants, cinemas & holidays
- Long service and loyalty incentives
- Staff referral scheme
- In-house, manufacturer & professional qualifications
- Free Parking / On-site Parking
- Company Events
Founded in 1979, Listers Group stands as one of the largest privately and family-owned motor retailer groups in the UK There’s a reason why this is the case, actually there’s over two and a half thousand reasons, our team. Since the very beginning our success has been a product of the fantastic people that work for us. This is recognised by representing some of the world’s most prestigious car brands across the Midlands, Lincolnshire, Gloucestershire, Norfolk and Yorkshire. We support employees in all areas of the business, whatever your aspirations might be so if you are looking for a career within the motor trade, automotive or car dealership sector then please apply today. If you are looking for similar motor trade jobs you can also join our Talent Bank.