Job Description: Job Title
Investment Bank (IB) Controls Officer - Assurance Location
London Corporate Title
The purpose of the Assurance Team is to provide the Investment Bank (IB) with assurance that Non-Financial Risk key controls are complete, accurate, designed and operating effectively. The Assurance Team is currently responsible for testing the design and operating effectiveness of IB Front Office (FO) owned key controls and executing detection tests to stress test the operating effectiveness of key controls. They are also responsible for running scenario analysis workshops and Emerging Risk Forums either to explore potential Non-Financial Risk threats or to stress test the control environment; and performing quality assurance (QA) on Governance Fora.
You will be joining the Assurance Team in the Investment Bank’s Divisional Controls Office (DCO). DCO is responsible for the global control environment across IB and is closely aligned with the business, providing central oversight for FO control framework activities, including design, implementation, ongoing assurance/validation of key FO owned controls. What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Checking and challenging proposed control designs by Finding/Control Owners prior to the Control Design Authority Council (CDA) to ensure risks are adequately mitigated in the long term
- Managing the pipeline of controls relevant to the CDA
- Guiding Finding/Control Owners as to what an effective and sustainable control entails
- Providing advice and training on control design principles
- Supporting and overseeing Assurance Team members in Mumbai when they perform assurance on the newly designed control post-CDA
How we’ll support you
- Strong understanding of control design principles and Non-Financial Risk
- Experience in Audit, Controls Testing, Assurance, or the Business Control Unit with in-depth knowledge of IB products
- Effective communicator, who can write concisely, present effectively, and manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Proactive and delivery focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Structured and meticulous with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities’ employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (for example. screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.