Job Description: Job Title
Research Associate Location
London Corporate Title
Deutsche Bank Research is responsible for economic and financial analysis within Deutsche Bank Group and covers asset allocation and all major industry sectors. We evaluate relevant trends for the Bank in financial markets, the economy and society, highlight risks and opportunities and function as consultant for the Bank, its clients, and stakeholders. Deutsche Bank Research delivers high-quality evaluation and consistently promotes public debate on economic, fiscal, labour market, and social policy issues.
You will sit within the European Securitisation Research team. You will be providing insights to asset managers and other clients on specific trends relating to European Securitisation markets. You will support other team members to develop and publish market leading investment themes, responding to internal, and external client queries. This involves on-going authoring production of written research to promote investment views and marketing of those views to internal and external clients. What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Hybrid Working - we understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Formulate and write the independent research on various European Securitisation markets
- Develop and publish market investment themes across a variety of European Securitisation sub-sectors with focus on Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) and Asset-Backed Securities (ABS)
- Support clients with insights into European Securitisation markets and the thematic trends that affect bond prices. Modelling and written reports will provide useful insight in the client meetings
- Use and develop various third-party applications and existing databases as information sources to assess the potential impact of business and financial themes on the European securitisation market
How we’ll support you
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of working independently and accurately with data sets
- Knowledge of fixed income and structured finance
- Ability to understand deal indentures and knowledge of International Futures Exchange (INTEX) and Bloomberg
- Database management and modelling experience using Structured Query Language (SQL), Python, Visual Basics for Applications (VBA) programming languages
- Interest in financial products and ability to link product performance with overall macro developments
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities’ employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (for example. screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.