Proposition Product OwnerContract Type: Permanent
Edinburgh or Alderley EdgeWorking style: Hybrid 50% home/office basedClosing date: 19th February 2024
Due to some exciting growth plans for 2024, we are recruiting for experienced proposition Product Owners in Edinburgh or Alderley Edge, across a range of different areas including:
- Workplace and Individual Pensions
- Digital Customer Experience
As a Product Owner you will have responsibility for the end-to-end proposition and will lead a squad who are responsible for the delivery of changes to improve the experience and outcomes for our customers, advisers, employers, and our business. This includes the creation of new, and changes to existing propositions, supporting the delivery of the Royal London purpose and strategy. You will also have a key role to play in developing the strategic ambition for the market/area you are aligned to.About the role
- Provide relevant expertise on the Proposition and recommend changes, to better meet customer, employer and adviser needs.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of the end-to-end proposition including the articulation of the proposition vision and requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Champion customer (includes adviser and employer) led design to ensure that design thinking principles are applied to new features and journeys to deliver meaningful customer journeys and features across Royal London with multiple channels.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a roadmap and deliver on business objectives, ensuring propositions are being deployed appropriately and are set up for success in attracting and retaining customers.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of customer/adviser/employer needs, competitor products/landscape, regulatory concerns to inform the strategic direction for the proposition.
- Provide strong leadership/ coaching of your squad/the virtual teams and manage resources and costs effectively.
- Understand risk responsibilities to ensure regulatory and audit requirements are met.
About Royal London
- Experience from within the financial services sector is preferred, ideally from within Pensions, Protection and Digital with a proven track record of developing and delivering Proposition change.
- Commercially astute, with a sound understanding of customer and financial dynamics, and ability to identify focus to add greatest value.
- Ability to leverage insight to develop propositions.
- Relevant experience working in an Agile team.
- Ability to effectively, engage, influence, and communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of leading and coaching people having led teams both directly and through matrix, defining the team’s roles and responsibilities.
- Experience in managing product development governance and conduct risk in line with Risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
We’re the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company, offering protection, long-term savings and asset management products and services.
Our People Promise is that we will all work somewhere inclusive, responsible, enjoyable and fulfilling. This is underpinned by our Spirit of Royal London values; Empowered, Trustworthy, Collaborate, Achieve.
We've always been proud to reward employees by offering great workplace benefits such as 28 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, an up to 14% employer matching pension scheme and private medical insurance. You can see all our benefits here - Our Benefits Inclusion, diversity and belonging
We’re an Inclusive employer. We celebrate and value different backgrounds and cultures across Royal London. Our diverse people and perspectives give us a range of skills which are recognised and respected - whatever their background.