We’re looking for a talented ACCA/CIMA Assistant Accountant - Fixed Assets to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
You would be based at our site in Northampton with the option of hybrid working. The role would be Monday to Friday.
Pay, benefits and more:
This role has the potential for steady expansion and career development. We’re looking for someone who is already AAT qualified, or equivalent, and is already studying ACCA or CIMA. We will support you through the rest of your ACCA/CIMA qualification putting you through the apprenticeship route. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with us.
We’re offering a starting salary of between £25-£35k, depending on experience with salary increasing upon completion of further ACCA/CIMA levels. We offer 25 days holiday, and you’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
Create capital project order numbers
• Process asset additions in line with company policy
• Review assets in progress
• Process any transfers and disposal requests following process & policies
• Post monthly depreciation costs
• Respond to any queries that arise from our FBP’s providing support to the business and ensure best practices are being followed
• Reconcile and process a number of monthly balance sheet reconciliations across all entities
• Prepare monthly Sox control reviews & annual audit
• Various other fixed asset reporting for senior management use
• Daily long term lease invoice approvals
• Recharge monthly leased costs out to the business
• Explore process improvements and assist in driving automation of processes
• Escalate any obvious errors & risks to management
• Experience and knowledge will be gained through the use of a number of different IT systems
• There’s plenty of opportunity to learn more and be involved in various other tasks if you are keen to learn and progress with us.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
• Have your completed AAT or equivalent level and currently studying ACCA or CIMA
• Excellent communication skills - you’ll be speaking regularly with various stakeholders, so you’ll need to be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels over the phone/email or in person
• A sound understanding of Microsoft packages including Excel and Outlook
• SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential
• Be eager to learn and progress within your role and department
• Able to work to deadlines and have great attention to detai
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.