Description Role Profile
The International Corporate Accounting team are an integral part of the Global Finance function. The team based in Belfast and London are responsible for the accurate and timely production of management accounts, statutory accounts and regulatory reports for EMEA and APAC businesses.
The specific Staff Accountant role is based in Belfast and will assist the finance team in completing financial reporting for the EMEA and APAC entities, provide management with information and insight to drive business performance, whilst also maintaining a satisfactory control environment that is Sarbanes-Oxley compliant. The individual will contribute to the monthly accounting close process (ensuring all financial transactions are recorded correctly, including calculating and posting accruals and prepayments); assist in producing management and board reports to business heads and statutory entity boards, including commentary on variances to budget and to prior periods. The individual will also assist with local engagement with the EMEA & APAC external audit teams, ensuring that all accounts are audited, approved and submitted to Companies House in line with statutory reporting requirements. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Accurately prepare well-documented journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned for month-end / quarter-end within the established close timetable. Adequately review journal entries, Income Statement and Balance Sheet pertaining to assigned area of responsibility .
• Deliver timely and accurate monthly reports to Management Teams, while attaining the highest possible level of disclosure quality as well as compliance with CME Group documentation policy and Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
• Identify and implement areas where controls and procedures can be improved across the end-to-end Finance processes.
• Co-ordinate with the Team and external auditors to ensure timely completion of statutory audits.
• Provide support to the EMEA and APAC statutory audit completion process.
• Any other reasonable ad hoc requests.
- Working towards being a qualified accountant
- 2.1 degree in Finance or Accounting related degree, or equivalent
- Proficient in the full Microsoft Suite of Applications (Excel, Word etc.)
- Aptitude to manipulate large amounts of data
- Detail oriented, strong organisational skills with the ability to achieve goals
- Self-starter, willing to work with groups and / or alone until goal completion.
Experience that is desirable but not essential
- Experience of Workday finance systems and OneSource
- Preparation of management accounts
- Good organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on approach and a team player, able to work with and support members of the team as appropriate
- Strong accuracy, analytical skills with attention to detail
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.