Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Head of Reserving London (Hybrid) Permanent The Opportunity
QBE insurance is looking to recruit a Head of Reserving to join a well-established and successful Actuarial team. This role will be to head the Reserving team in all aspects of Reserving services across QBE European Operations, including both insurance and reinsurance divisions. Your New Role
Reporting to the QBE International Chief Actuarial Officer, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the business and financial performance at European and divisional levels by continuous monitoring of Actuarial reserving positions and recommending appropriate remedial action as necessary.
- Direct, organize, develop and manage the EO Reserving team, so as to ensure that people, resources and processes are aligned with business needs and fit for purpose. The team consists of circa 35 people mainly located in either London or Leeds.
- Establish clear accountabilities and authority levels for direct reports and build a strong culture of accountability and performance in order to ensure delivery of business goals.
- Build and maintain relationships internally with executive management, QBE Group, underwriters, finance, claims, IT and operations and risk to ensure that service delivery meets/exceeds the business's expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders including auditors, external consultants and regulators.
- Liaise internally with embedded Actuarial functions and network externally with QBE Reserving teams and broader Actuarial functions around the world, so as to enable appropriate consistency of process and encourage the sharing and adopting of best practice .
- Assist in the overall development and execution of QBE strategy in relation to Reserving control frameworks and services.
- Meet all internal European and/or global internal reporting requirements .
- Adhere to relevant Reserving standards and best practice.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Leading-edge knowledge of industry best practice in actuarial analysis, modelling and underwriting
- Detailed understanding of business process strategic planning and compliance issues.
- Strong understanding of the long-term trends in actuarial analysis, modelling and underwriting
- Experience of working with senior level staff and regulators.
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, or equivalent qualification.
- Sound commercial judgment.
- Substantial experience of managing the Reserving team in a multinational financial services business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to lay audience.
- Ability to lead and manage and develop a team.
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategy for the business.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate both directly and indirectly with internal and external stakeholders.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/).
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include. 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future. Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce, and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable, and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ). About QBE
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies, and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate, and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website. What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.