We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic person with strong knowledge of the purchase ledger to strengthen the support and knowledge within our accounting team at our head office in Strood.
Only applicants with at least two years proven purchase ledger experience and Sage 200 knowledge should apply as this is not a junior or trainee role.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the purchase ledger and payment of suppliers ensuring that both the company and the company's client's expectations are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Processing a high level of purchase ledger invoices and assigning the nominal code to the supplier invoices and entering onto SAGE.
- Matching purchase invoices / credits to orders / returns (where applicable) by using the purchase order system on MAM and on SAGE
- Matching purchase ledger invoices to stock on SAGE, and entering these via SAGE purchase order processing.
- Regular supplier statement reconciliation.
- Scheduling supplier payment runs in accordance with the supplier credit terms.
- Processing expenses
- Dealing with supplier queries via phone and e-mail
- Liaising with appropriate departments for payment authorisation
- Assist with month end and year end purchase ledger reconciliation and ad-hoc nominal ledger analysis as and when required by the Financial Controller.
- Assist with ad-hoc finance duties as and when required.
- Two years proven purchase ledger experience
Sage 200 experience
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of all MS Office programmes and intermediate excel
- An understanding of double entry and how purchase ledger affects profit and loss
- Thorough understanding of the principles of purchase ledger
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to follow procedure and a team player.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm with an hour's unpaid lunchbreak.