techspert.io is a fast-growing technology scale-up based in the centre of Cambridge, UK, with offices in Houston, Texas USA and Santiago, Chile. We’ve developed AI-driven technology to revolutionise how knowledge is indexed, identified, and sourced within the healthcare and life sciences sectors and beyond. Our mission is to disrupt the expert network industry using cutting-edge machine learning technology.The opportunity
Techspert is looking for a Senior Finance Assistant to join our finance team and assist the Financial Controller managing the finance function of the business, contributing to and supporting the business’ growth and ongoing success.
It’s an exciting time to join Techspert as we move through our next phase of growth and this is a key role which carries a lot of responsibility. There will be involvement and collaboration with all areas of the business and exposure to a wide variety of rewarding work and challenges. It represents a great opportunity for an individual who wants to develop their career at a fast pace.Key
Management accounting and month end reporting:
- Revenue recognition for contract projects, using internal tools and working with the project team to calculate the monthly contract unit usage to book accrual income and income in advance.
- Preparing accrual and prepayment journals.
- Maintain fixed asset registers.
- Balance sheet reconciliation.
P&L analysis review and commentary. Customer contract management.
- Working with the sales team to review new contracts signed and ensure appropriate accounting treatment and invoicing.
- Working with the customer success team to provide customers with regular updates on usage and accurate billing.
- Contract invoicing and credit control.
- Maintaining contract database and analysis.
- Providing quarterly updates to budget holders across the business.
- Involvement in margin reporting and improvement projects
- Contributing to consumption analysis to identify key trends and provide insights to the wider business.
Accounts Payable management:
- Capturing invoices, ensuring appropriate sign off.
- Preparing for sign-off and executing payment runs.
- Manage company credit card and expenses software.
- Collaborating with the HR team and assisting the Financial Controller preparing payroll for our global workforce with the potential for increased responsibilities in this area.
Experience and qualifications
- Payments to 100s of expert consultants globally each month - and associated tracking and accounting. Liaising with the PMs to resolve any payment queries.
- Assist with the annual financial audit, responding to requests and providing detailed reconciliations.
- Ensuring that we maintain high standards of accuracy in our Xero accounts.
- Numerous opportunities to improve the current and implement new scalable finance processes to support our rapid growth, continuous improvement of processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- 3 years experience in an accounting/finance position with significant responsibility, ideally in a fast-paced environment, such as in a similar scaling business.
- Partly qualified or studying towards an accounting qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA, or ACA).
- Experience preparing monthly management accounts for review.
- Strong experience with Xero and Excel (lookups and pivot tables etc.).
- You’re a well-organised self-starter with great attention to detail. You take responsibility for your areas of responsibility but know when to escalate. Able to deliver multiple tasks simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- You’re a great all-rounder, able to switch seamlessly between the detailed and high-level. You’re technical and accurate, whilst being pragmatic and focused on delivery
- You'll need to be highly creative and a great problem-solver - managing risk whilst also being practical. Our company’s growing quickly and we come up against new situations all the time: you need to be innovative, quick thinking and proactive in how you handle them.
- You have exceptional all-round communication skills. You’ll be comfortable communicating through a variety of mediums, with colleagues, senior management, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders - you’ll need to be able to express yourself clearly and tailor your communication appropriately to the situation.
- You’ll be ambitious and driven, determined to contribute to the success and ‘winning’ culture of the business.
- Study Support to continue your professional development, including leave for study and exams and financial support for courses, exams and materials.
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays).
- Flexible working hours and remote working.
- All the tech you need to perform.
- Annual company retreat, Regular social activities and team building events.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Pension Scheme
- YuLife Wellness Scheme.