PAYROLL MANAGER - Burgess Hill
up to £55kHours:
35 hours per weekWhy join us?Brainkind is a charity that aims to improve the lives of people with brain injuries in the UK.
Our assessment centres, rehabilitation units and hospitals use expert neurorehabilitation to support and help improve the lives of people with a neurological condition or brain injury.
We treat people with a range of brain injuries - sustained through trauma, illness, substance abuse and more - to recover and meet their personal goals. Our employees are incredibly passionate about the jobs they do - you will find a strong team spirit across our services and amazing colleagues who always pull together and look out for each other.MAIN PURPOSE:
To ensure the efficient, accurate and timely running of the payroll function and payroll systems. To lead, direct and coach the team to ensure delivery of an efficient and high-quality payroll service. To ensure all statutory requirements are met and that appropriate controls are in place. To be responsible for developing the payroll IT platform.MAIN TASKS AND
• To effectively lead, manage, develop, and engage the payroll team to provide an accurate, timely and efficient payroll service to the organisation which complies with all statutory, national, and local policies.
• To ensure there is accurate calculation and timely payment of any taxes due to HMRC (e.g. PAYE, NIC, apprenticeship levy).
• To ensure there is accurate calculation and deduction of any statutory, and other, payroll deductions (e.g. SSP, OCP, SMP, AoE) and ensuring statutory compliance with all pay deductions, for example ensuring all employees pay remains above the National Minimum Wage etc
• To maintain strong relationships with pension providers, periodically reviewing the appropriateness and competitiveness of the schemes for the benefit of our employees. To manage the preparation of monthly pension and auto-enrol processes and reporting. Managing the statutory requirements of all pension legislation.
• The preparation of monthly payroll journals and payroll account reconciliations as required for management reporting purposes.
• To ensure the payroll related control accounts in the accounting records are reconciled to the payroll system monthly.
• Ensure that all payroll policies, procedures, guidance, and practices are up to date, legally compliant, accessible, practical, reflect best practice and meet Brainkind’s standards.
• Provide payroll and pension related data and analysis to external auditors in support of the year-end audit. ABOUT YOU:
- Hold a Level 5 or above CIPP qualification.
- Be able to evidence of ongoing professional development.
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience of payroll principles, reporting requirements / Inland Revenue submissions.
- Knowledge and experience of calculating Statutory Payments SSP, SMP SAP, SPP etc.
- Knowledge and experience of analysing payroll data and compiling reports for senior managers.
- Understanding and implementation/maintenance of a range of employee benefits and tax implications
- Knowledge and experience of preparing accounting for payroll purposes. Preparing journals and account reconciliations
You can look forward to excellent benefits, including handy discounts on many brands and services.
• 38 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Company Pension
• Private Medical Insurance
• Excellent training and support
• Group life assurance
• Eye voucher scheme
• Long service and staff awards
• Free parking
• Nationwide employee staff discounts incl. eating out and shopping
• Blue Light Card: provides those in the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces with discounts online and in-store
We also put a big focus on employee wellbeing and support. It matters to us that you feel at your best. Career development is a priority. We will ensure you get all the training and learning opportunities you need to achieve your goals.To join our friendly team, click the Apply Now button.**Please note we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the role is filled therefore, we recommend applying as soon as possible. **
*All successful candidates are subject to compliance checks including 3 years of checkable references and DBS/PVG checks*
Brainkind are a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. Brainkind is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive organisation. It is a place where we recognise, celebrate, and live our values which includes offering a range of inclusive employment policies and staff engagement forums to support employees from all backgrounds.