Global Head of Finance Reports to :
Chief Commercial Officer, with a dotted line to the CEOLocation :
Runway East, 1 Victoria Street, Bristol City CentreWorking Hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm and, Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
Hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.Salary Bracket:
Competitive salary Direct Reports:
Three Direct Report:
Head of Credit Management, Finance & Procurement Manager, Head of Compliance and Projects.Business Function
: Finance, Accounting and Pay & Bill Compliance We are looking for a Global Head of Finance or aspiring Finance Director
to join our Finance and Accounting Team.
Based in Bristol as part of our Shared Services Team, this role comes at a time of sustainable growth and maturity for SR2. Our journey began 6 years ago covering the UK tech market. Since then we have expanded the SR2 values into Austin, Texas with the launch of SR2 Corp, and most recently we increased our global reach into Europe through the incorporation of SR2 Rec GmbH.
This opportunity provides a critical service to the business ensuring we maintain our financial performance at every stage of our global growth through the creation of new processes and the continuous improvement of our Finance, Accounting and Compliance function.
As the Global Head of Finance you will be responsible for coordinating SR2 UK Ltd, SR2 Corp and SR2 GmbH month and year end reporting, and for reporting progress against SR2’s financial position against budgets and targets across each entity at a divisional P&L level.
You'll be a strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail who is able to process large amounts of information and quickly analyse a complex problem. You’ll be a leader and mentor to the team, sharing your experience to develop the careers of your direct reports within SR2 with skills that are transferrable across each entity. Your analytical skills will ensure you identify risks and opportunities to present back to the CCO and CEO as part of your monthly board reporting.Our Company:
We’re authentic, socially responsible humans first and incredible recruiters second. By design.
We connect the finest tech & digital talent across the UK, US and Europe with awesome and innovative tech brands. We’re big fans of Tech for Good and love nothing more than working with a variety of businesses, experiencing different cultures and diverse ways of working.
What actually is ‘socially responsible’ recruitment? Well, it’s recruitment, done better. Balancing people and profit, never treating anyone as a commodity or means to an end. Done with a care for community, the environment and with a commitment to giving back.
We are also a proud B Corp.What You'll Do
Project Work which you will appraise and oversee in 2024:
- Manage and co-ordinate the production of the monthly divisional and entity management accounts, including team profitability, working capital management, fee earner efficiency and ROI on Sales enablement and investment costs.
- End to end ownership of the Consolidated management accounts with P&L, balance sheet and cashflow analysis.
- Monthly management of the Pay and Bill process.
- Monthly Board reporting and KPI Reporting into the CEO, CCO and Non-Exec Directors
- Manage and co-ordinate monthly reporting into the Sales Leadership Team and co-chair the monthly Sales LT meeting with the CCO.
- Work closely with budget holders and directors across overhead spend to review budget variances.
- Lead on sector and key account management reporting for Perm and Contract Gross Margin across the UK, USA and Europe.
- Lead on new business Gross Margin reporting.
- Calculation of Leadership team quarterly balanced scorecard metrics.
- Manage and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations performed by Finance Manager.
- Report on liquidity and Invoice Discounting facility and prepare forward forecasts to ensure free flowing cash is available across each entity at the minimal cost of capital to SR2.
- Business Partnering with the LT and CEO on new investment and divisional opportunities, including investment appraisal.
- Manage external stakeholders across UK, USA and Europe for accounting partners, banking and annual audit processes.
- Group tax management and compliance around VAT, CT, payroll taxes etc.
- Ad hoc tasks as required by CCO and CEO.
- Development & coaching of the Finance and Procurement Manager.
- Ensure compliance with Industry IR35 processes, HMRC and Accounting Standards via our Head of Compliance Manager.
- Manage all company secretarial activities with Accountants for accurate and timely filing for Statutory returns.
- Management of company EMI scheme and statutory dividend compliance paperwork.
What We Need
- Insourcing employee payroll
- Onboarding single point of contact accounting firm in H1 for Global accounting
- Appraisal of new CRM
- Implementation of AI into the accounting and compliance function
- Creation of a 5-year plan
- Consolidation of Sales enablement tools
- Contractor Service line expansion into Europe and USA
- Selection of Management Reporting an KPI reporting suite to automate monthly reporting direct from Xero.
What we offer: Annual Bonus Of 5% Of Salary
- Experience working in a Senior Finance role, experience as Head of Finance, FP&A or Finance Director experience in a Professional services business.
- International Accounting experience, either in industry, in practice or in theory through studying a recognised accounting qualification.
- At least 3 years post qualification, or QBE with finalist or newly qualified status in a recognised accounting qualification with a drive to stay up to date with tax and accounting changes.
- Someone who is engaging and is driven by solutions and has experience of influencing stakeholder behaviour.
- The ability to produce management information which is both accurate and of high quality.
- The ability to ensure that sensitive information is held in strictest confidence.
- Flexibility to operate in this role as well as supporting our senior leaders both inside and outside of the Shared Services team.
- Proven ability to implement change, including system improvements, cost efficiencies and technology innovation.
- The ability to be proactive and organised and to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good communication skills and confidence in dealing with team members, direct reports and directors.
- Prepared to make suggestions for change to improve the effectiveness of the business.
- A flexible approach and the ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to adopt new technology, including complex spreadsheets which contain detailed formulae
- High attention to detail and accuracy in everything that you produce.
- Good team working skills.
50% based on company performance. 50% based on personal performance.
In addition to this we offer a generous and inclusive suite of benefits and rewards:
- 28 days holiday allowance + 1 day per year of tenure & your birthday off
- Health Cash Plan - to reimburse your everyday health claims
- EAP - Anytime GP appointments + Discount offers & deals platform
- Octopus EV Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Team gym session every Monday
- Mental Health Support via MHFA training & Talk Club listening support
- 4pm finish every Friday
- 1 x late start per week & 1 x long lunch per week
- Monthly Lunch Clubs
- 1 x Summer & 1 x Super Trip holiday incentive per year
- Regular team events & socials
- Hybrid working environment
- Multiple volunteering opportunities (2 days per year )
SR2 £50 Flexible Benefits post probation (x1 from the list below)
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Company Gift Cards - shopping, restaurants, cinema & activities
- Travel to work costs
- Private pension contributions
- HEKA wellbeing platform
- Recreational learning courses
- 121 financial coaching