Joskos Solutions is the ICT partner that schools can trust, delivering outstanding service and support whilst keeping education at the heart of what we do.
Our vision is to become the UK’s most trusted provider of ICT support and Infrastructure Services to schools and other educational organisations - a provider of outstanding service at every level, delivering award-winning service that is used as a benchmark for the education ICT sector.
We want to be the ICT partner that schools can trust and turn to for everything ICT-related, always combining service and relationship longevity into the solutions and service that we take pride in delivering.JOB PURPOSE
The Financial Controller will have full responsibility for financial systems, policies and processes, ensuring that all financial reporting and associated activities are achieved in an accurate and timely manner. This includes supporting non-financial managers to interpret results and forecast performance, meeting external audit deadlines and ensuring that the statutory and management accounts are produced in a timely manner.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and review all financial plans, budgets, cash flow and forecasts to identify growth and cost saving opportunities.
• Prepare monthly and annual management reports to identify results, trends, variances and financial forecasts.
• Provide regular high-level financial reports and analysis to the CEO in timely and accurate manner.
• Work closely with senior management team to present reports and analysis findings.
• Support non-financial managers in interpreting results and simplifying complex financial information to drive understanding.
• Business partnering; working with a broad range of departments within the business to establish effective cross-departmental working and collaboration, thus promoting a culture of clarity.
• Motivate and lead finance team members and ensure that all day to day accounting procedures are completed in accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for the finance team and performance management.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting to ensure continued accuracy.
• Improve, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Identify and implement key areas of change across the business to drive efficiency and quality
• Where required, research new products or systems to assess feasibility (from both a cost and technical perspective).
• Payroll processing and relevant filing with HMRC.
• Preparation of VAT returns.
• Project accounting, deferred income and WIP journals.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations.
• Collaborate with all external stakeholders including auditing services, HMRC and finance providers to ensure proper compliance.
• Adhere to defined Joskos best practises and guidelines.
• Adhere to the company's policies and procedures including quality, Environmental and information security.PERSON SPECIFICATION
Experience & Skills required:
- Must have excellent communication and data interpretation skills (crucial to this role)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within SME with a minimum turnover of 5 million.
- Essential experience in management and be a good motivational leader.
- Must have experience in Project accounting and WIP (work in progress).
- Must have collaborative approach with strong hands-on attitude.
- Good multi-tasker with excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting, forecasts and payroll processing.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting change management and the implementation of new processes, controls and reporting tools.
- Previous experience of working within a similar sector would be an advantage (services led business)
Education, Certifications & Systems:
- University degree in Finance or Business related would be an advantage.
- Solid work experience within SME’s.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified with minimum 3 years PQE.
- Good knowledge of Sage Accounts (Sage 50 and Sage Payroll) is essential.
- Good knowledge of Excel is essential (comfortable with vlookups, if formulas, pivot tables)