To manage the day-to-day activities of the Finance function, instilling a culture of continuous improvement, customer service & ownership. Key
- Management of 3 direct reports who are responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Management Accounts including oversight of the AR and AP functions.
- Ownership of the Revenue number including associated processes and generation of insightful reporting.
- Production of a suite of SaaS metrics and KPI’s for the business, Finance and our Private Equity investors which is updated monthly and provides genuine insight into our performance.
- Full responsibility for ad-hoc projects, for example:
- Implementation of new software e.g. for expenses
- Managing the cleansing of historic data sets
Key Attributes & Skills:
- Management of the month end process, ensuring this is completed within 5 working days and analysis is comprehensive and easy to understand.
- Business partnering with budget holders on a monthly basis to ensure they fully understand their results, know what they can do to influence their numbers in a positive way and gather any information which could be useful to Finance.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts in collaboration with budget holders.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the processes within the Finance function especially with regards to sales invoicing, procure to pay and general automation.
- Design, build and maintain a weekly cashflow forecast.
- Ownership of the resolution of any queries or issues directed towards Finance in a friendly and timely manner, including phone calls.
- Assist with the preparation of reporting for our Private Equity investors on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Review and sign-off on fortnightly payment runs.
Systems Experience (desired but not essential):
- ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 5 years PQE
- Having worked in a SaaS or software business previously would be an advantage
- A focus on providing great customer service to internal & external stakeholders and possessing the drive to make Finance an integral part of everything the business does
- A proven track record of effectively managing and developing finance teams
- A desire to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- A deadline driven mentality
- Hubdoc (or similar AP document scanning system)
- Expenses systems
- Integration of ERP’s with other software