The RoleAsset Management - Private Equity Fund Administration: x 1-2-year’s Operations (Fund Administration/ Payments/ Reconciliations), or Fund Accounting experience: 12-Month FTC (strong chance to go permanent)
Martis Search are representing a West based, but global Asset Management company to hire a Private Equity Fund Administrator to join their Investment Operations Middle Office. The role is to cover a Maternity Leave, but there is a definite chance for a permanent role at the end of the 12-months (but not officially guaranteed).
The Investment Operations Middle Office is made of both Operational Fund Administrators, as well as Part-Qualified and Fully Qualified Fund Accountants. The team is responsible to manage the Fund Administration and Fund Accounting for their Private Equity and Direct Equity Investment Funds. The role reports into their Head of Middle Office.
The company offer a hybrid mix of working-from-home and also in-the-office, so you get the best of both worlds. They boast an excellent culture and a great manager to learn from. The company are ethical in their stance and outlook and are an employer with genuine morals.
What you will be doing:
This is a fairly Transactional role involving a degree of repetition with daily tasks, but at-the-same time is an excellent role to learn more and be exposed to important and fundamental Fund Administration/ Fund Accounting processes.The role is split into two parts:1)
- Payments: manually processing of outgoing Payments via Banking portal.
- Distributions: Processing of incoming monies coming into the Funds.
- Maintaining accurate records of Payments and Distributions on their Portfolio Management system.
- Reconciliations; Cash and Ledger Reconciliations
What our client is looking for in terms of experience:
- Private Equity Funds: Fund NAV Valuations.
- “Look-Through” - Underlying Data for the Quarterly NAV Valuations.
- The team has to process the underlining NAV Data for the Quarterly Valuations to ensure validity of NAV data.
- NAV Reconciliations.
- Graduate calibre with 1-2-years’ experience in either Operations, Payments processing, Fund Administration who is interested in Asset Management/ Private Equity Operations/ Fund Administration as a career and who wants to gain in experience.
- Graduate calibre with 1-2-years’ experience in Fund Accounting, who is studying towards an Accountant qualification to eventually become an Accountant/ Fund Accountant and who is interested in Asset Management/ Private Equity Fund Accounting as a career and who wants to gain in experience.
You must relevant Operations, or Fund Accounting experience gained from a reputable Financial Services type company such as for example, either an Institutional Asset Manager/ Asset Management company, or even an outsourced Fund Administrator such an SS & C, or IQ-EQ type company.
**Please note our client will not sponsor, and we ask all applicants to have full UK Right to Work and no time limited visas - Youth Mobility, Tier 4, Spouse Visas (all that are soon to expire and require company sponsorship to work in the UK).
We ask all applicants to respect this requirement given our client’s request and inability to sponsor.**Salary
£35,00 k pa - £43,480 k pa, plus very good holiday allowance and pension, plus Healthcare, Life Assurance etc.