Job Title Model Validation Specialist
Corporate Title Assistant Vice President
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks and creating a bank wide strong risk culture. Deutsche Bank has been named Bank Risk Manager of the Year by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 & 2021).
Model Validation as part of Model Risk Management is responsible for the review all derivative pricing models used for valuation and risk across the Bank. As a Quantitative Analyst you will be reviewing and analysing derivative models for price and risk of interest Rates, and Foreign Exchange (FX) products.
What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Hybrid Working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Reviewing and analysing derivative models for price and risk of interest Rates, and Foreign Exchange (FX) products
- Understanding of the mathematical models used, implementation methods, products traded, and the associated risks
- Ensuring model/products are independently implemented in a managed C++ library
- Fostering relationships with key model stakeholders including Front Office Trading; Front Office Quants; Market Risk Managers; and Finance Controllers
- Supporting with the due diligence aspects of the New Product Approval Process and involvement in bank wide strategic initiatives
Your skills and experience
- Educated to Bachelors degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience, a Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) qualification in a numerate subject such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics or Statistics would be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience in a Model Validation or Front Office Quant role
- Excellent mathematical ability with an understanding of Stochastic Calculus, Partial Differential Equations, Monte-Carlo Methods, Finite Difference Methods, and Numerical Algorithms
- Deep understanding of interest Rates and FX derivative models
- Strong interest in financial markets (especially derivative pricing) demonstrated by qualifications and/or experience
How we'll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.