PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder advisory, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through PJT Park Hill, private fund advisory and fundraising services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds.
From the beginning, PJT Partners has firmly believed that having the best people is key to building an enduring franchise. Our perspective was, and remains, that a great team brings in both top tier clients and appeals to a wide-range of diverse, talented colleagues. Fostering an inclusive culture, which welcomes differing perspectives and beliefs, enables us to provide the best advice and insights to our clients.
To learn more about PJT Partners, please visit our website at www.pjtpartners.com.
The Strategic Capital Market Advisory team is seeking a Vice President / Director with strong analytical and writing skills, who takes initiative, has great attention to detail, works well under pressure, and has the ability to perform both independently and within teams in a boutique investment advisory firm.
The Strategic Advisory Group is one of the most experienced investment banking teams in the industry, and has been involved in some of the largest, most complex transactions of the past twenty years. Our global team focuses on a diverse set of industries, including, technology media telecommunications, natural resources, power & utilities, industrials, healthcare, and real estate. As a Vice President / Director you will sit within the Advisory Group but also work frequently with the Restructuring and Special Situations Group who advises companies, financial sponsors and creditor groups in financially distressed situations. Responsibilities:
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work directly with companies across all industries in evaluating, structuring and recommending financial alternatives across both the investment grade and non-investment grade ratings spectrum;
- Work on a wide variety of financing transactions including mergers, acquisitions, asset sales, restructurings and divestitures;
- The structure of the team and how it interacts with the Strategic Advisory and Restructuring and Special Situations teams offers professionals the unique opportunity to gain client exposure and work closely with senior members of the broader firm, many of whom were previously group heads at leading investment banking firms;
- Evaluating, structuring, and recommending financial and strategic alternatives, including the analysis of mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic combinations, asset sales, and divestures;
- Leading the day-to-day execution of transactions, including due diligence, valuation analysis, and the negotiating of contracts and other agreements; work with senior management and coordinate associate / analyst materials;
- Designing and developing quantitative models to assess the economic performance of targeted companies;
- Participating in both internal and external client meetings, negotiation of contracts and other agreements, and due diligence sessions.
PJT Partners seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum bachelor's degree
- Minimum 6 years of investment banking experience
- Multiple years of experience spent in infrastructure debt advisory / infrastructure financing origination in an investment banking setting
- A strong background in finance, accounting, financial modelling, and legal documentation is required as you will be responsible for structuring and executing investment grade, leveraged, project finance and distressed financings, including bonds, leveraged loans, syndicated term loans, ratings advisory (and the candidate would ideally have some exposure and working knowledge of hedging and derivatives)
- Resume must be in PDF format
PJT is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of, and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information or predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other category protected by law. PJT Partners also complies with all applicable laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation of disabilities to applicants. For more information or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
California Applicants: PJT Partners will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and/or Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- In order to be considered, please ensure your resume/CV is submitted in PDF format.