EU Finance Manager
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Year-on-year, we're growing more and more rapidly. To help us maintain this, we're seeking a savvy, motivated Finance Manager to join our world-class Fulfillment & Operations network. We need you to function as the go-to source of business intelligence, as you help our busy Operations to continue working as smart as possible. We have opportunities in our Manchester office for this EU wide role.
Amazon is seeking a Finance Manager to business partner with the ACES team. The ACES team is a group of operational leaders driving process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement for the EU Network. This team is essential to establish best in class network performance across all performance paths, accelerate implementation of technology advancements and to strengthen the technical acumen and process knowledge for the operational leaders across the FC network. As we continue to rapidly grow our FC footprint and infuse the organization with new talent, we need to ensure the operations teams are equipped with the functional expertise to successfully deliver expected gains for technology advances and network wide process improvements. The team will utilize tools to understand process control and establish process understanding with the outcome of minimizing variation between shifts, building and region, by driving standard operating procedures to deliver strong OP1 performance.
Finance Manager responsibilities:
In your day-to-day, you firmly believe in the saying: "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today":
- You'll use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports.
- Via root cause analysis, you'll leverage extensive data to uncover any underlying process or finance related issues,
- You'll assist the ACES team with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster EU productivity.
- Lead the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models.
- You'll own the continuous development of efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Wherever possible driving automation into the team's processes to ensure that manual analysis is being focused on value add activities.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
London, GBR | Manchester, GBR
- A degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or another relevant field
- Relevant experience in a finance role including partnering with a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Relevant experience in managing people
- Relevant experience working with Excel and large-scale data mining and reporting tools such as Python, SQL or Tableau
- Relevant experience in financial modelling
- Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we'd love to hear from you.
- Advanced or master's degree in finance, economics or mathematics, such as a CA, CMA, CWA or MBA
- Experience working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Experience working in large teams or at a national/multinational organisation Experience communicating complex information and solutions to senior stakeholders and influence decisions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).