Once established on the team and proficient in the role, to take on the designated management of a book of discretionary clients, currently under the management of the Team, supported by the incumbent Investment Directors.
To service and be the first point of contact for their designated clients, as well as to provide further support as required on the Team's wider client base.
Senior Managers and Certification Regime:
This role is deemed a Certification Function under the SMCR, and you will be required to be certified, at least annually, by Charles Stanley under: Functions requiring qualifications / Client-dealing function
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To manage, advise and transact on clients' portfolios in accordance with their objectives, suitability requirements, and the team investment philosophy.
- Actively seek new business opportunities through networking, intermediaries, and other referrals. Generate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain an understanding of broader wealth management services to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Continuously review client portfolios for the ongoing suitability of investments with focus upon Consumer Duty, client outcomes and TCF requirements.
- Ensure client portfolio valuations are produced and despatched within the required regulatory timescales.
- Pass execution-only orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Dealing for clients in stocks, bonds, collectives. This will Involve supporting the Team on rebalancing, bulk switches, individual client reviews and model maintenance in Figaro.
- Maintain a current and well-informed perspective of the prevailing investment climate, asset classes and market outlook, keeping up to date with professional developments and ensuring that any action carried out is in clients' best interests.
- Delegate and monitor appropriate duties to support staff including the administration of client transactions, back-office liaison, and handling client queries.
- Support and monitor variations to Company procedures around charging structures etc.
- Ensure implementation of, and adherence with, the Company's HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure personal compliance with all regulatory issues and contribute to the promotion of a strong compliance culture throughout the division and across the Company.
- To support the Team in meeting our ongoing suitability requirements, regarding wider Team clients as well as their own book once established.
- Ensure all communication received from clients is filed and actioned promptly and efficiently.
- Prompt and reasoned activity on portfolios in relation to deployment of new funds, capital raises, capital gains tax reviews and restructuring of any new/transferred-in portfolios.
- Attendance as additional contact point on designated accounts. Minute taking and follow up responsibilities from client meetings.
- Assistance with investment proposals, pitches, business development activities, such as supporting the team in terms of any events and networking efforts.
- A willingness to contribute to Team investment discussions, and, over time, to be a source of new ideas.
- Personal compliance with all regulatory issues and promotion of a compliance culture throughout department and firm as a whole.
- Ensuring that all records in relation to performance reviews and training & competency matters are kept up to date.
- Dealing with administration of client transactions, liaison with other Team members and wider business divisions to promptly resolve queries.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully RDR compliant with CISI Level 6 qualification as a minimum.
- Maintain and develop relevant SPS.
- A proven track record in building and managing a book of private clients and providing them with appropriate investment management solutions.
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry with a particular interest on investments/asset classes/markets.
- Some client interaction experience is desirable, in a relevant or similar role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of investment processes & techniques with the ability to explain all relevant investment strategies and asset classes.
- Fully conversant with the Company's products and services and compliant with all processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills, with an ability to challenge and contribute effectively.
- A highly organised and motivated self-starter with a pragmatic and commercial approach to business.
- Knowledge of all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements, including the FCA's Consumer Duty regime and laws/regulations relating to the prevention of financial crime.
- Resilient and calm under pressure with a methodical and organised approach to work.
- Operate with a commercial focus, notably in relation to the retention of existing clients, together with a hunger to develop new client relationships and avenues for new business.
- Comply with Charles Stanley Training & Competence Scheme.
- Comply with Charles Stanley Investment Management Practice Manual.
- General understanding of financial planning services and a willingness to develop knowledge on appropriate times to cross-refer business to financial planning.
- Full understanding of TCF.
- Operate a very methodical and organised approach to work, with the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and client communication skills.
- Be articulate and diplomatic at all times.
- Possess strong negotiation skills, resilience and be able to challenge and contribute effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when providing written information.