Rothesay is a leading UK pensions insurance specialist. Purpose-built to protect pensions, we manage over £48bn of assets and securing pensions for over 840,000 people. We secure pensions for over 200 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years. Job title:
Senior Audit Manager
Reports to: Deputy Chief Auditor
The Senior Audit Manager is a critical senior role in the Internal Audit function and is responsible for working as part of the team delivering a risk based audit plan to the Audit Committee.
The Senior Audit Manager will take a key role in the identification of existing and emerging risks and challenging, and supporting, the delivery of the Rothesay business plan.
This is a fast-paced role which requires constant reevaluation of approach and priorities to ensure that the audit function and its operation remain relevant to the business. Responsibilities:
Leadership of the Internal Audit function
- Be a visible, approachable trusted business partner, a champion of transparency, rigor, and fairness; a role model for our way of working. Demonstrate to the business what it means to be commercial and proportionate.
- Work closely with the audit leadership team to shape and implement the strategic direction and goals for internal audit within Rothesay.
- Lead by example to build and sustain a high-performance culture, setting goals, inspiring people to perform and driving measurable change.
- Train, develop and coach the audit team to deliver against best-in-class audit execution.
- Actively engage across the industry to gather external insights and areas to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Integrate Internal Audit as a critical element of the Rothesay strategy.
Internal Audit responsibilities
- By application of a risk-based approach support the development of an annual audit plan.
- Lead the delivery of our audit plan including acting as the in-charge for audits.
- Lead by example delivering a "no surprises" audit approach.
- Deliver a, fit for publishing, audit report following the conclusion of each audit.
Stakeholder management and reporting
- Provide independent, reliable, and objective assurance to the Company on risk management, control and corporate governance issues.
- Report significant existing and emerging risk exposures and control.
- Support the Chief Auditor in providing summary reporting to management, the executive and Committees.
- Build and strengthen relationships at an operational level, providing guidance, challenge and corrective action, without preventing growth or commercial performance.
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships, being prepared to deliver tough messages, whilst maintaining long term relationships.
- Qualified Accountant, CIIA, Chartered Financial Analyst or role relevant qualifications e.g. bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance related field or equivalent experience.
- Financial services audit experience - must include Life Insurance and or Pensions.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a Senior Auditor/ Audit Manager equivalent role within UK/US regulated financial services. (Internal audit is preferable, however external audit, compliance and operational risk will also be considered.)
- Experience at senior stakeholder engagement - a proven track record for developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels, including at the most senior level.
- Excellent written communication and time management skills.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Teamwork - Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues.
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Inclusion Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.