Edinburgh - 7 Exchange Crescent (38200)
The role will be focused on providing financial reporting and analysis to support Insurance's operational processes to provide good financial insight into the business for the senior management team. The role sits within the central function within Insurance, and requires collaborative working with a range of other internal stakeholders and external stakeholders..
This is a internal facing role, and strong senior management skills are essential. The business analyst must successfully align stakeholder expectations and provide a robust approach for jointly managing issues.
The role also provides the opportunity to be part of a team that builds/improves data collection systems and processes to improve how the insurance business operates across all their function units.
The business analyst will be joining a new team within a fast growing business in a top tier global ERM software provider to the banking and insurance industries, with opportunities for development and involvement in challenging and rewarding projects.
A willingness to engage, learn and contribute to the functional and technical challenges on internal projects is a must. This is a great opportunity to gain rapid exposure to blue chip clients while helping a new team develop its implementation and deployment processes.
The position may require ad hoc travel in Americas, EMEA and APAC.
As a business analyst your primary responsibilities include:
- Business Processes.
- Managing and maintaining a historical database of key financial metrics
- Running and managing a range of excel/VBA based tools which generate revenue data and financial analysis
- Running reports with insights to key management or financial data to help understand business performance across all insurance product lines.
- Liaising with internal departments within MA to provide key financial information to ensure accurate client: contract booking
- Sales and revenue budgeting and reconciliations
- Cost forecasting and analysis
- Focusing on the AXIS product line as a priority.
- Supporting the development of new financial reports and analysis
- Collaborate with colleagues in Insurance to share knowledge, provide support and financial data when needed
Job Req ID
Line of Business
Insurance OU (Insurance OU)
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's Analytics (MA)
Senior Business Analyst - Financial Operations and Analysis
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, Data analytics or other topics with significant numerical content
- A strong business process focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Strong track record of conducting business and financial analysis or of financial reporting
- Working knowledge of relevant business process principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing tools and other relevant financial software packages
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages is beneficial
- Several years of experience in business management, financial analysis or forecasting.
- Candidates who had full-time positions as Business or Financial Planning Analysts in their previous roles or have completed an internship or apprenticeship are preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills, ideally with VBA and/or PowerBi knowledge
- Excellent research and analytic skills
- In-depth knowledge of data modelling techniques
Working at Moody's
Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Full / Part Time
Insurance is responsible for developing and delivering ERM software to the Insurance, Pensions & Wealth Management industries.
Primary Location Code
Job Sub Category