Post Transaction Project Lead
XPS Pensions is experiencing high growth and we are now looking to hire a Post-Transaction Project Lead with significant UK DB experience to join one of our vibrant offices.
This role can be based remotely or with hybrid working from our Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester or Reading offices.
XPS is an award-winning Pensions Consultancy with over 1600 staff in locations across the UK and our business continues to experience rapid growth. We value our people as we recognise, they provide the key to our success. XPS Pensions provide pragmatic advice that addresses the specific and often complex challenges faced by UK pension schemes and their corporate sponsors. Our approach is to remove jargon and provide clients with access to the latest technology so that they can monitor scheme funding in real time, test scenarios and manage the range of pension scheme risks they face. The result is that our clients can make the best decisions and act quickly and efficiently.
The XPS Risk Settlement team is the fastest growing team in the markent. They advise Trustee and Corporate clients on a wide range of risk settlement areas, including:
- Journey planning and de-risking strategy, including member data, scheme benefits, investment strategy, liability management.
- Range of risk settlement options, with a strong focus on buy-ins and buyouts.
- Sourcing bulk annuity terms from the market and undertaking bulk annuity transactions.
- Buyout and wind-up.
As a Risk Settlement - Post Transaction Project Lead with XPS you will...
- Support the Risk Settlement Broking team during the buy-in and buy-out process
- Project manage and lead buy-in to buy-out /wind-up projects efficiently and within budget
- Manage a range of internal and external stakeholders, including trustees and their advisors, administrators, and bulk annuity insurers, to ensure delivery of the buyout/wind-up project.
- This will include workstreams such as member communications, data verification and finalising the bulk annuity policy, dealing with AVCs and historic insured annuities, liaising with the insurer on pension and benefit reimbursement etc
- Help develop our internal processes and documents and may also be involved in pitching for new business.
We are looking for an individual with significant UK Defined Benefit experience, perhaps gained through a Wind-Up Advisor/Project Manager/Admin Manager/Client Relation Manager background. We require someone who is looking for a new challenge and who wants to be part of this exciting period of growth. This role requires...
- Buyout and wind-up knowledge and a good understanding of the key workstreams
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence, multi-task and respond to changing priorities
- Highly organised
What we offer:
We believe in our people, and we will work with you to unlock your potential and support your career whilst giving you the opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic and collaborative people in our industry.
Are you looking for a challenging and fulfilling career for an organisation with a conscience? At XPS, you can expect an exciting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge whilst also working to contribute positively to the communities in which we operate and help those beyond our organisation.
Our five Employee Networks - XPS Women's Network, XPS LGBTQ+ Network, XPS Menopause Network, XPS Disability Network and XPS Multicultural Network - play an important role in our culture. They lead our inclusive programme of events, campaigns and workshops throughout the year and our internal mentoring programme also has a role to play, for example in advancing gender equality.
As an employee at XPS, you know you are joining a winning team, as a testament to all the brilliant work that everyone at XPS does, we are delighted and excited to have won a clean sweep at the Prestigious Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2022 winning the Investment Consultancy of the Year award, Third Party Administrator of the Year and Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year.
At XPS, we became carbon neutral across our entire value chain back in 2021 and have a strong focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors and sustainability, and build this ethos into all of our manager research and subsequently our client solutions.
We embrace differences and we will respect your ideas, perspective, and style. Our business thrives on our diversity and mix of experience that leads to innovation. When you take a role with XPS you will be joining a community of professionals driven by integrity and delivery and you can be sure that your wellbeing is taken seriously.
We offer an attractive reward package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in a Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A set of core benefits including pension plan, life assurance, employee assistance programme, access to a qualified, practicing GP 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A comprehensive range of voluntary and flexible benefits to suit you and your lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, critical illness cover, private medical cover for self and family, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers.
If you feel XPS could be the next step on your career ladder, please apply directly via the links provided and we look forward to learning more about you. We will consider all applicants and respond swiftly.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Right to Work confirmation
- DBS Disclosure check
- Employment or educational references covering five years
- Satisfactory credit check
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Please note we reserve the right to close our vacancies early and we only accept CVs direct from candidates or our preferred suppliers on our instructions. Location:
Job reference: REQ002001
Contractual hours: 36.25
Basis: Full time