Admiral has always considered Pricing department to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of our business. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join Travel Insurance Pricing in a very exciting stage of maturity where business is growing rapidly, pricing structures are becoming more sophisticated and team is expanding fast both in terms of team size and expertise.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate with good numerical skills and analytical abilities to support the Pricing area and lead projects to improve pricing using new sources of external and internal data. This person would also take on a leading role with other seniors in the team in coming up with rate change proposals in existing pricing structure.
You will be part of an exclusive "core" team of 13 people (and growing). You will have plenty of opportunity to interact and learn from others. As a senior analyst, you would also have the opportunity to take on a leading role in mentoring new analysts and get leadership experience in managing analysts.
Prior work experience as an analyst in Insurance Pricing and Underwriting or a similar role is required for the Sr. Analyst role.
This is a broad role in which we expect you to be our pricing/data expert reference point and you will:
- Review pricing structure and recommend changes based on analysis of performance of different customer segments.
- Review external and internal data sources for value to insurance pricing and make recommendations.
- Build and run regular reports/dashboards that highlights performance by different segments. Create actionable insights and help pricing team continuously improve pricing structure.
- Act as a liaison for pricing department and answer any customer queries related to pricing.
- Design and Implement Pricing tests to understand customer behaviour like elasticity.
- Explore new avenues of rating for Travel Insurance through finding new and innovative ways to rate on existing data and enhancing the rating structure through new external data sources.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience & Competencies
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Prior work experience as an analyst in Insurance Pricing and/or Underwriting or a similar role.
- 2.1 or higher in a numerate degree such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics (or equivalent).
- Good Excel Skills and ability to set up basic business models.
- Able to manage own workload effectively to meet deadline.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
- Highly motivated and ability to work off your own initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with any programming language (SAS, SQL, Big Query or a similar language) is preferred; in-house training will be provided to adapt to the role's requirements.
There will be a Maths test followed by a 2 stage interview.
Salary, Benefits, and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate's experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here.