Internal Audit ManagerReporting to:
Head of Internal Audit
IQUW is a speciality (re)insurer at Lloyd’s (Syndicate 1856) underwriting a diverse range of Property, Commercial and Speciality (re)insurance products from Cargo and Marine to Political Violence, Terror and War. We combine data, intelligent automation and human expertise to make smart decisions, fast.
ERS is the UK's largest specialist motor insurer with an A+ rating. We recognise that for some, motor insurance is more than just a must-have; it's a way of taking care of what stands at the heart of their passion or livelihood. For those people, standard insurance isn't enough. That's why we work exclusively with motor insurance brokers to help get under the skin of the most difficult insurance risks, helping build products to meet their customer’s needs.The role
To support the Head of Internal Audit in the delivery of the internal audit strategy and provide assurance over the IQUW Group risks using a risk-based approach. The role will focus on the independent evaluation and appraisal of the internal controls over the key business processes. In addition, influence to create a culture of risk awareness and manage controls across the business as frameworks and processes are being developed and embed. To raise the internal audit department profile and facilitate knowledge transfer in the team.
Working relationships with management and staff in other departments/sections across the IQUW Group businesses and contacts with external bodies such as the FCA, PRA, Lloyd’s and external auditors.Key responsibilities
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Draft the risk-based annual Group Internal Audit Plan that reflects and adapts to the risk profile of the group.
- Demonstrate clear ownership for the delivery, leading and completing planned internal audits to a high standard in accordance with internal procedures / professional standards, and with minimal input from the HIA.
- To ensure that all deadlines, as agreed with the HIA, are met and that potential slippage is highlighted at the earliest opportunity with remedial actions.
- Provide inputs to the drafting of regular reports to Audit Committees / Boards.
- Build and manage stakeholders effectively at all levels (team and client).
- Develop recommendations that are practical and effective within reasonable cost/benefit criteria to strengthen the control environment and follow up on those.
- Prepare insightful, good quality and concise audit reports and close out audits.
- Use IT tools to automate and improve the efficiencies of the audit process.
- Where necessary, work with business areas to provide innovative solutions that add business value, protect corporate assets and contribute to the Group’s profitability.
- Embody and amplify the IQUW Group values in all aspects of day to day activity ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with IQUW Group values.
Desirable behavioural attributes
- Sound business acumen, and exposure to IQUW products and Group structure.
- Significant recent and relevant auditing experience at a senior level in the London market, and post qualification experience (e.g. IIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Exposure to fast paced changing environment.
- Technically sound with a good understanding of risk and control concepts.
- Good and practised in writing reports and influencing at all levels including at executives.
- Able to manage multiple and / complex audits.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a self-starter.
- A team player.
- Good communicator.
- Capable of independent thought.
- Planning, organisation skills.
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines