Allied World is an ideal place for talented professionals who are driven by a belief in the value of collaboration and the power of knowledge.
We believe that when our great people work together and support one another, our clients receive the best solutions. We embrace unique perspectives and empower each person to grow through professional development, career training and mentoring programs.
Our people are our most important asset, and we are very proud of the quality of our team members.
This position will be responsible for underwriting profitable new business as well as renewal treaty submissions in order to continue to develop a international marine practice for Allied World Reinsurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite new and renewal treaty submissions in compliance with underwriting guidelines, systems and procedures
- Responsible for pricing and modeling accounts via in house modeling tools
- Responsible for communicating pricing assumptions with internal actuaries during peer review process
- Actively manage a portfolio, including Audits, Claims, Trends and Market issues impacting their accounts/portfolio
- Meet with key brokers regularly to discuss production, service and other topics related to the department
- Liaise with Claims department on any specific claims activity
- Process contracts in TIRS (reinsurance) system
- Input and manage all aspects of the Portal and Public Folders, for the portfolio being worked on
- Establish and maintain files in accordance with procedure; and, ensure all information is saved and named properly
- Stay current with respects to major industry trends, issues and development
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
- 15 years of primary and/or treaty reinsurance underwriting expertise
- Established expertise in the portfolio lines of business, broker contacts and the ability to generate new relationships with brokers and cedants,
- Significant Broker & Client relationships in Europe Marine required
- Contract wording expertise and an understanding of actuarial pricing techniques are beneficial
- Ability to perform Underwriting Audits independently required
- Proficient computer skills, especially in MS Excel, Word, Power Point (RMS & AIR experience a plus)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and problem solve
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail oriented