Avanti Communications ("Avanti") is a global multi-orbit provider of fully integrated connectivity services and solutions.
Founded in 2002, with a mission to help the world become better connected, Avanti leverages satellite technology to create custom solutions that protect communities and unlock opportunities for individuals, communities, businesses, and governments all over the world.
As a global business, Avanti is able to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions worldwide, even in the most challenging of locations. It uses its scale and expertise to connect those in hard-to-reach rural areas, improving access to education and helping to create a safe environment for people to live and work. Avanti is the leading Ka-band high-throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
For more information, please visit avanti.space
This is an exciting and varied role in helping to maintain and build upon the influence of the Finance team within the Avanti business.
Working closely with the Director Finance and the FP&A Manager, this position offers excellent levels of engagement with the senior internal and external stakeholders of our business. The role will be at the forefront of tackling all of the issues that are important to the company and will offer the chance to drive the narrative. The position will also quickly take on personal responsibility.
The right candidate will be inquisitive by nature and will be motivated to develop an understanding of the topics that are important to the business. They will be diligent, with a passion for accuracy, and will have excellent communication skills. The role will suit somebody with experience of models and budgets and, ideally, some previous exposure to senior stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Maintain the Group's rolling financial model, including YTD actual performance, so that it can be used to support management decision making as and when required throughout the year
- Support the delivery of the Group's annual budget by the Finance Business Partners and the Department Budget Holders
- To apply critical thought to judgements taken, particularly with a view to identifying behaviours that are not aligned with the Group's cost optimisation strategies
- Support the building of the presentation of the annual budget for senior management and Board approval
- Oversee the delivery of the Group's top-down reforecast at the half-year
Investor Engagement & Board Reporting
- Support the Director of Finance and FP&A Manager in maintaining and developing the investor reporting structure to proactively deliver regular and ad-hoc information to the existing investor base
- Where required, to deliver responses to further information requests from investors for periodic investment committee reviews
- Take ownership of management information to support the regular meetings of the Board, by sourcing information from the central Finance team, understanding it, and presenting it in a considered way that is tailored to the audience
Key Projects & Commercial Support
- Provide Finance support to a number of the Group's project workstreams, taking the time to understand key issues and ensuring that Finance are actively involved in the conversation
- To proactively engage in monitoring of the satellite industry and to communicate key developments to the senior members of the Finance function
- Responsibility for the Group's information and financial covenant compliance under the terms of its debt documents, to include proactively reviewing future reporting requirements and flagging potential issues to enable the senior Finance team to respond appropriately
- To produce the monthly Long-Term Cash Flow Forecast and variance analysis, and to support the presentation to the Non-Executive Directors ahead of the formal submission of the document
- To maintain the Group's debt register and capital structure records, updating as required and ensuring that the business is able to report efficiently when requested to do so
Skills & Qualifications
- Member of a professional accounting body (ACA preferred) with knowledge of IFRS
- Proven ability to interrogate underlying financial information and to utilise this to produce meaningful output that is well tailored to its intended audience
- Ability to work under pressure on very tight deadlines and deliver accurate reporting
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, able to build effective relationships with colleagues, including members of the Exco and Department Heads
- Attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude
- Applicants must have a high degree of computer literacy
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme - paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/