At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance, and procurement, we're a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
Our Group Internal Audit function is the central office of impartial accountability. Delving deep into our operations and how we serve our customers, they navigate complex landscapes to ensure compliance and ethical standards, playing a vital role in maintaining the trust our customers and stakeholders place in us. Continuously evolving methods of safeguarding our organisation, they ensure that our commitment to excellence is unwavering.
We are seeking a Head of Centre of Expertise (CoE), who will provide senior leadership of the Group Audit (GA) Team at DLG.
Reporting to our Group Head of Internal Audit, you will manage operational and system support, building high impact relationships with the business and providing robust thought leadership through the GA management team to drive the strategic development of GA.
What You'll be Doing:
- Ensure functional governance remains effective for decision-making and delivery execution.
- Oversee CoE activities, ensuring compliance with Group requirements and objectives.
- Coordinate and deliver year-end and functional obligations, including year-end opinions, inputs to 2LOD on control assessments, and functional reporting to Remco on behalf of the Audit Committee Chair.
- Lead the CoE Manager and audit support team, fostering a high-performing team.
- Deliver or support specialist audits, fostering meaningful change across the Group.
- Provide resources, including subject matter experts, for quality and timely audit delivery.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement plans for the function including:
- Providing project management support to ensure effective delivery of initiatives;
- Assessing skills and capabilities, designing and implementing plans to strengthen functional capability ensuring that GA has appropriate skills to deliver quality outputs to stakeholders;
- Developing and delivering plans to execute quality assurance and maximising support to develop and implement improvement initiatives;
- Development, resourcing and oversight of implementation of key functional strategic initiatives e.g. data enablement; stakeholder engagement, impactful and thematic reporting and adapting methodology; and
- Leveraging the management and use of knowledge systems and peer networks.
What We're Looking For:
We value expertise, leadership, and a strategic mindset.
We're looking for someone with technical audit expertise who is experienced in audit methodologies, risk assessment and control evaluation.
You'll have demonstrated leadership experience, preferably managing a team or function in a large organisation. You'll guide our audit teams and manage complex audit projects, inspiring those around you to achieve objectives and foster a high performing culture.
You'll be able to build impactful relationships with a variety of stakeholders, leveraging these to ensure that GA supports DLG's strategic objectives, and drive meaningful change,
Lets bring on your best.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Annual bonus of up to 20%
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- 30 days annual leave
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Collectively we help every business within our group aim higher. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stand out in the market, we want to be an insurance company of the future. And with so many areas to choose from, your ambitions are welcome here. See your opportunity to start a career that's varied, distinct and exciting. Visit directlinegroupcareers.com
Together we're one of a kind.