Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityThe Department / Team
CS&R team is charged with providing thought leadership for the development of analytics and models, research and market engagement, supporting rating consistency and quality across regions and LOBs, and specific regulatory oversight.The Role /
The AVP-Analyst will be a new member of the Global Emerging Markets (EM) team within Credit Strategy & Research (CS&R). This team is a highly-visible, and global, group of analysts responsible for articulating MIS’s insights, analysis and thought-leadership on the global EM universe, which covers all elements of fixed income credit - sovereign, corporates, financials, infrastructure and structured finance.
Key duties of the AVP-Analyst will include:
- Driving the data-driven development of differentiated EM insights and opinions
- Leading the publication of thematic EM research (cross-asset class or region/sector-specific)
- Building high-impact models, critical data sets and other quantitative tools
- Enhancing the alignment of EM ratings with ‘house views’ by leveraging new technologies
- Accelerating the team’s adoption of AI/ML throughout the analytical process
- Supporting the execution of external engagement with the global EM community
- Overseeing the work and technical upskilling of junior analysts
- Contributing to the general management of the team and its profile within Moody’s
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience covering Emerging Markets at a reputable financial institution
- Passion for data and quantitative analytical techniques
- Good understanding of the fixed income asset class and the role of credit ratings
- Strong analytical skills, intellectually curious and a desire to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain relationships with senior individuals from a variety of business cultures
- Demonstrable passion for Emerging Markets and a willingness to travel
- Self-starter with positive approach to further professional development
- Familiarity with relevant programming languages (e.g. Python/SQL + Pandas, Numpy, Scikit etc.)
- Experience of using data visualization software (PowerBI/Tableau etc.)
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline from a leading university
- Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g., data science qualifications, CFA etc.)
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
For more information on the Securities Trading Program, please refer to the STP Quick Reference guide on ComplianceNet
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee’s tenure with Moody’s.