The Controllership team are currently looking for an experienced and knowledgeable EMEA Revenue Manager
to join their growing team. The EMEA Revenue Manager acts will be responsible for analyzing and developing revenue recognition control procedures for a number of business lines, including both the direct and indirect private real estate across the EMEA region within Investment Management. The EMEA Revenue Manager will provide guidance and business partner across Corporate Finance, FP&A, Fund Accounting and Legal teams, reviewing the applicable in-scope revenue transactions, and ensuring that all forms of revenue are properly accounted for in accordance with ASC 606. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert on ASC 606 and very experienced at drafting and reviewing revenue contract and guide the business on deal structuring including relevant tax implications.
The EMEA Revenue Manager will report directly to the Finance & Operations Manager based in London and coordinate with the Shared Service Centre (BSO) to review billing and debtor ageing processes.Key
- Proactive to business partner with Corporate Finance, FP&A, Fund Accounting and Legal teams across the EMEA region to analyzeand review contracts to ensure revenue recognition is accounted for in accordance with ASC 606.
- Actively communicate with counterparties, reviewing monthly revenue accruals, explaining monthly commentary of revenue for variance to budget and preparing revenue accounting memos for material transactions with significant judgement.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations to ensure all billed and unbilled revenue balances are settled and billed timely, identifying any potential risk of bad debts at each period end.
- Liaise with Corporate Tax to ensure annual recharges are correctly accounted for across EMEA entities in compliance with the CBRE Group Transfer Pricing framework.
- Coordinate with the Shared Service Centre (BSO) to process billing, client rebates and credit notes ensuring the correct posting of invoices to the general ledger.
- Accountable for the billing process to improve and challenge current procedures, seeking to drive automation for invoicing in conjunction with the Technology department.
- Implement a revenue recognition checklist in conjunction with the SEC Technical & Reporting Team to standardize new client onboarding.
- Provide supporting documentation for the quarterly and annual revenue Global SOX Assurance (GSA) and external statutory audits.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or CPA with 10+ years of experience ideally previously worked in US global matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, proficient at using Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, able to resolve issues with own initiative
- Positive mindset with a drive to continually improve and challenge existing processes
- Experience with PeopleSoft, OneStream and Trintech Cadency is desirable.
#cbreim Investment Management