An opportunity has arisen to join the Corporate Finance team as a Junior Executive.
Who we are looking for:
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for their first position with the Corporate Finance world, part of an Accountancy Age Top 100 firm local to Lancashire.
What the role involves:
As Junior Executive, you will gain valuable insight into Deals and the day to day operations of a Corporate Finance team.
You will support the Corporate Finance team on some of the following areas:
• Handling initial buyer / seller enquiries
• Processing Non-Disclosure Agreements
• Chasing up feedback from buyers
• Accompany to meetings, site visits, etc
Marketing & Business Development Support
• Drafting and updating marketing materials and sales literature
• Follow a targeted marketing process, such as producing research lists to find prospective buyers
• Market research to identify marketplace trends
• Working with internal Marketing Team to issue mailshots, including following up on mailshots
• Updating advertisements
• Maintaining and adding to the Corporate Finance mailshot database
• Helping with producing and processing engagement letters
• Maintaining the buyer interest spreadsheets
• Assist with client take on processes
• Ad-hoc support as required
We provide a complementary range of learning opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential with professional, technical and soft skills development. We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
We would also look to put you through recognised qualifications that interest you and support the Corporate Finance function, such as the ICAEW ACA qualification, or the Corporate Finance Qualification (CFQ).
We’d like you to be:
• A team player looking to progress their career through practical experience
• Able to manage conflicting priorities and consistently deliver high quality work to deadlines
• An individual with strong initiative and project management skills (taking control and running with tasks through to completion)
• Flexible, able to multi-task and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
• Confident and able to deal with people at all levels to build strong internal relationships
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be educated to at least A-Level.
• Hold a relevant Undergraduate Degree, with a minimum grade of 2:2, although this is not essential
• Have a strong desire to pursue a career within the Corporate Finance Industry
• Have some Finance or Accounting knowledge
• Enjoy working part of a close knit team
• Be always looking to develop themselves
• Be willing to help and support in any area they can for the wider good of the Corporate Finance Team
We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that. We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be and to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities. Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals. We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose.
We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled. Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are really flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.