Tax Operations and Control Specialist Corporate Title: Up to VP
Bromley Company Overview:
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We're devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Join our bustling Bromley office, situated in one of London's greenest boroughs. Here you will find plentiful and easy commuting routes, with central London just 15 minutes away by train.Job Description:
As a Bank of America Tax Operations and Control Specialist, you will join our Global Banking and Markets Tax Operations and Control team. The team manages the operational tax responsibilities arising from the activity of our Global Banking and Markets clients, they are responsible for tax documentation, withholding and reporting processes globally. In this role you will be responsible for executing tax processes and controls, as well as running governance routines over tax processes. You will be performing business analysis and project management activities arising from the team's responsibilities.
What we are looking for:
- You will execute tax operations processes and controls
- You will develop an understanding of end-to-end Global Banking and Markets tax processes and associated risks, controls, and control metrics
- You will provide quality control and analytical support to Global Banking and Markets tax functions
- You will conduct analysis and drive resolution of complex organisational problems and initiatives
- You will communicate with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support required from them
- You will partner with control and governance organisations
Skills that will help:
- You will have previous experience within global banking or markets operations functions
- You will have data collection, analysis, and reporting experience
- You will have the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be Microsoft Office proficient (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Benefits of working at Bank of America UK
- Highly organised with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a tax operations or regulatory reporting function
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable process design skills
Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland's most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Good conduct and sound judgment are crucial to our long-term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role