Exciting Opportunity: Senior Corporate Accountant
ENGIE is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services. We have been active in the UK energy market for over 20 years, and our investments in energy infrastructure are focused on energy storage and renewable energy (solar, wind, biogas), whilst supplying energy to organisations of all sizes.
We are reshaping the energy future by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, and we are looking for people who are committed to help turn our vision into reality.
About the role
ENGIE are recruiting for an Senior Corporate Accountant based in Hoults Yard, Newcastle upon Tyne. This is a Permanent role, working full time Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly reporting/management accounts for all businesses and consolidate pack to a high standard in accordance with IFRS or other local GAAP Provide commentary on all variance analysis.
- Deliver high quality accounting services so that the reporting results are robust and reliable.
- Close month end in line with aggressive timetable using into SMART including detailed analysis of all intra group movements, quarterly, half yearly or annual additional schedules.
- To assist with the weekly KPI's for the sites to measure performance and efficiency.
- Maintaining the accounting ledgers for companies using specific ERP system up to trial balance including, monthly taxation and deferred taxation calculations, and other transactions associated with the companies in scope.
- Accountability for preparation of high quality statutory accounts for submission to Companies House
- Support the GBU team in delivering audit requests and responsible for smooth running of the audit
- Previous experience of working in on preparing management accounts. Experience is key.
- Understanding of energy sector is preferable
- Passionate to grow and expand the team with the objective of creating a Shared Service Centre in the UK.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA) with good knowledge of accounts production and consolidation.
- Strong data skills and advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office packages.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to understand what needs communicating and how, when and to who.
- Team player willing to work with all parts of the business treats colleagues fairly and consistently.
What benefits we offer?
We understand the importance of work-life balance and recognise that everyone is striving to find the perfect one between work and home life. That's why we offer a hybrid working model that combines the convenience of remote work with the benefits of collaborating in a professional office environment. You'll have the flexibility to work from home part of the time, allowing you to optimise your productivity while enjoying a comfortable work setup.
We reward your hard work and dedication with a competitive bonus programme that recognises and values your contributions. Your efforts are appreciated and directly reflected in your financial rewards.
Enhanced Family Friendly Benefits
When the big moments happen, we look after you by offering enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
We prioritise your peace of mind by offering life assurance coverage. You can feel confident knowing that your loved ones will be protected in the event of the unexpected.
Your financial security matters to us. Our income protection benefits ensure that you have a safety net in place, providing a valuable source of income if you're unable to work due to illness or injury.
Employer Pension Contribution
We invest in your future by contributing to your pension plan. You can enjoy the confidence and peace of mind that comes with knowing that you're building a solid foundation for your retirement.
Healthcare Cash Plan
Your well-being matters to us, which is why we provide a healthcare cash plan. You'll have access to a range of healthcare benefits, including reimbursement for medical expenses, dental and optical care, and more. Take care of yourself and your family's health without financial worries.
We offer a range of flexible benefits to employees alongside hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts through myENGIE.
ENGIE's purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions, and we know that the most successful businesses are the most sustainable ones. Diversity, equity and inclusion is key to sustainability and success and our goal is to attract, engage and retain the best talent, bringing the best thinking to our business from inside and outside of our industry. Our ambition is to make sure everyone at ENGIE feels valued, respected and included. We know that diverse teams have more creativity, imagination, innovation and problem-solving capabilities, so we are committed to tackling inequalities and creating a diverse and inclusive business.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process you will be asked to complete an equality questionnaire on a voluntary basis and any data we collect will be treated confidentially and used for evaluation purposes only. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Business Unit: T&G
Division: T&G Europe - UK
Legal Entity: INTERNATIONAL POWER LTD.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full - Time
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience
Education Level: Other