Senior Finance Analyst (Interim)
Department: Finance LOCATION:
Marble Arch, London
REPORTING TO: Finance senior leadership team
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTC (6 months)
PLACES, PEOPLE, PREFER
Our purpose is to create and manage outstanding places which deliver positive outcomes for all our stakeholders on a long term, sustainable basis.
We are a FTSE listed business with a strong balance sheet and over £13bn of assets under management. But with just 600 employees you're given the ability to make a big impact and elevate your career quickly.
Our diverse, passionate team of experts works on some of the most ambitious, innovative and sustainable projects in the country - from our high-quality campuses across central London, to some of the top retail schemes in the UK - providing a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
We believe in shared success and enabling people to be themselves. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and bright ideas are encouraged, you've come to the right place!
In our recent engagement survey 93% of our employees stated they were proud to work for British Land!
Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations within Group Finance as well as supporting the FP&A manager. The primary role is to manage and maintain information and analysis in support of British Land's Investor Relations programme. This is to help deliver accurate communication of our financial results to investors, as well as ensure management understand broader competitor and market trends.
This role will also support the FP&A team who are responsible for the company's forward looking financial information (corporate forecasting and budgeting) and scenario analysis to support business decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working with the Investor Relations team:
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams such as FP&A, Property Finance, Group Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Real Estate and Strategy to interrogate, develop and present financial and other information regarding BL's business model, strategy and performance
- Respond to management/investor/analyst queries concerning financial performance and key metrics
- Proactive dialogue with sell-side analysts via regular meetings, telephone and e-mail contact
- Understand the key issues on which the market is focused and advise management of communication strategy around these issues
- Maintain up to date detailed 3-year analyst consensus forecasts and track against BL forecast
- Produce timely summaries of any significant analysts notes that are published for the Board and key execs
- Work with the Head of IR to produce presentations and speeches for key trading and other major external presentations (for the CFO and CEO)
- Ensure regular feedback on results and major developments (both for British Land and for key peers) is produced efficiently and effectively
- Contribute to the production of
- Board IR Reports
- Ad hoc reports
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and regular contact across the business (including group financial control, strategy, tax and treasury)
- Keep abreast of property industry developments and general equity market developments and news flow
- Perform scenario analysis to support business decisions
Working with the FP&A team:
- Support the delivery of finance papers for the Board and Executive Committees
- Support the delivery of key pieces of management information ensuring integrity and accuracy of data (e.g. investment activity, leasing activity, treasury activity, performance vs budget)
- Forecasting and monitoring of key financial risk metrics
- Provide insight to support and challenge the commercial decisions of the business
- Work on special ad-hoc projects as required
We will look for candidates who display these characteristics, or the potential to develop them:
- Outstanding analytical skills to understand the company's financial results, complex transactions, stock market and economic data
- Enthusiastic and proactive in anticipating needs of customers and responsive to requests and a desire to learn about and gain experience in Investor Relations
- Enjoy working as part of a motivated and busy team
- The ability to interpret and quickly/accurately summarise information within emails, board papers and PowerPoint presentations
- ACA qualification is desirable and a knowledge of the financial mechanics of British Land (or Real Estate) is required
- Commercial experience and knowledge of the broader end markets in which BL operates
- The ability to develop relationships and inspire confidence, trust and respect from senior internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills in both formal and informal settings
OUR SHARED VALUES
our values are what we stand for at British Land, they're not just a label on the door; they connect us every day to our vision, purpose, and strategy. They help us to promote an inclusive, positive, and collaborative culture. You can read more on our corporate website.
Bring your whole self
Listen & Understand
Build for the future
Deliver at pace
A REWARDING PLACE TO BE
Our People - Just ask anyone why they love working here and they will tell you it's the people. They're highly talented, passionate, and collaborative! We thank our people with rewards that feel rewarding; you can review our market leading benefits here.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
If you enjoy bringing your whole self to work, share our values and are excited about our purpose we'd love to hear from you! We are committed to providing an accessible and inclusive process learn more about our selection process here.
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.