FP&A Analyst - Overheads
Location - Bracknell (Hybrid working)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Finance function in the Financial Planning & Analysis team for Avis Budget Services. This role will suit someone with a couple of years experience looking for progression with a view to complete their studies.
The FP&A Analyst - Overheads is a key role contributing to the success of our company through controlling all operating expenditures through partnering on day-to-day activities, planning/forecasting and reviewing all overheads and FTE line.
The role will cover overheads over the 4 companies in the UK; ABG, ACL, McNicoll & Zipcar and will mean business partnering with the General managers of the companies and their direct reports that are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
As an FP&A team one of our key priorities is producing the annual plan and generating a number of other forecasts throughout the year. This person will be responsible for the Opex & FTE elements of the plan/forecast calculating and loading all values to our planning system Oracle PBCS.
All of the accountabilities mentioned below will be shared over the senior FP&A analyst - Overheads and the FP&A Analyst - Overheads.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Complete all elements of Opex and FTE forecasting across all 4 UK entities (ABG, ACL, McNicoll & Zipcar)
- Manage Opex cubes in PBCS planning tool
- Review actual overheads performance with function owners and make changes to forecasts when required - ideally monthly but at least on a quarterly basis or in alignment to forecast cycles
- Generate detailed supplier based bottom up Opex forecasts
- Airport tender support - generating financial modelling to support the evaluation of new deals with airports
- PAR's & MON's for new sites, airport renegotiations and rent renewals etc
- Capex & Depreciation forecasting, planning and actual tracking
- FTE forecasting & planning and reporting actuals
- Manpower & productivity forecasting as well as reviewing actuals with GM & heads of regions
- Bonus calculations FRIP, SIP, STIP including communication of targets and reporting on past performance to be able to send payments to payroll
- Provide accounting with bonus accrual information
- Actively look at ways to reduce overhead spend proposing options to FP&A manager and GM
- Providing reasoning behind Opex and FTE variances at month end per group timetables
- Any other tasks as required by your manager, Finance Director or GM's
- Store opex reviews - getting in touch with store managers so they understand their spend
- Working with accounting to provide analysis of monthly activities to ensure the accounts are accurate
- Professional accounting qualification - CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Strives to constantly improve performance of the business
- A team player mindset
- Ability to build strong relationships internally & externally
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate a complicated concept including a financial activity to a non-financial person
- Energy, drive, focus and can-do spirit
- Resilience and drive towards agreed goals
- Drive for Results: Focuses on achieving goals and holds self fully accountable and responsible for expected results accepting consequences of actions or inactions.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with individuals within the organization, with customers and business partners
- Working with Others: Demonstrates professional behaviour and treats colleagues, customers and business partners respectfully, while representing the Company in a positive way
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates commitment to the Customer Led, Service Driven vision to make Avis Budget the best provider of vehicle rental service as determined by our customers.
- 25 days holiday (increasing based on service)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Health Assured - 24/7 support for your mental health and wellbeing
- Employee discounts on car rental across Avis Budget Group.
- Pension contribution
- Friends and family discount
- ABG Employee Rental Policy
Avis Budget Group is a leading global provider of mobility solutions, operating three of the most recognized brands in the industry through Avis, Budget and Zipcar, the world's leading car-sharing network. Together our brands offer a range of options, from car and truck rental to on-demand car sharing that bring vehicles closer to where and when customers need them, by the minute, the hour, one-way, daily, weekly and months-long reservations. Our brands represent a mobility ecosystem of more than 11,000 locations in approximately 180 countries. With more than 70 years of experience in managing global fleets and with one of the largest fleets of connected cars in the world, we are committed to innovation and are moving the future of mobility forward.