TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice
What We'll Bring:
TransUnion is a major credit reference agency, and we offer specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics. We support organisations across a variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
What You'll Bring:
The aim of the Credit Consulting team is to identify and advise on client opportunities as subject matter expert on Banking sector best practices, TransUnion credit and affordability data, and TransUnion analytics solutions. The Head of Consulting for Banking will also work with clients to ensure they use our data and products effectively and to maximise the value they get from working with TransUnion.
Day to Day You'll Be:
- Work with leading banking sector clients as subject matter expert on credit data and data driven solutions across all stages of the banking customer lifecycle
- Identify customer priorities, pains & gaps by facilitating consultative workshops & client discovery sessions - develop new solutions to overcome client's critical business issues using existing functionality/data.
- Share industry best practice with respect to solution implementation and optimisation in conjunction with TransUnion's data and solution offerings
- Oversee pro-active analysis and additional discovery activity to create the 'pitch' for the first engagement
- Propose solutions across data, insights (analytics) and action (process and/or technology) to solve for customer needs. Create compelling business cases, use cases & custom journeys to illustrate how TransUnion solutions can help a client achieve their business objectives
- Support and co-ordinate data and data solution trials, proof of concepts and analytical and insight studies, etc.
- Provide technical & strategic expertise in preparation of client bids, proposals, RFI & RFP responses
- Work closely with analytics teams to deliver on client commitments
- Enable sales in client engagement and deal closure including guidance on commercial and pricing approaches
- Accountable for the delivery of commercial targets, new business, new innovation and overall revenue for data division in a pre-sales consulting capacity
- Provide internal subject matter expertise and contribute to upskilling other teams within TU
- Product development - assist the Product Teams with product strategy, feeding in personal insights, industry best practice & voice of customer recommendations on future priorities and strategies.
- Provide ideas, thoughts and concepts under 'innovation' where TransUnion may be well placed to provide solutions and services to meet specific client needs
- Support industry relations via production of white papers, articles and editorials, conference speaking, seminar attendance, etc.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong industry knowledge & experience in relation to decisioning & challenges across the credit life-cycle - credit originations, underwriting, customer management & collections
- Expert knowledge of Credit industry best practice, regulations (CONC, GDPR etc.), regulators (FCA, PRA etc.), innovations & future digital challenges (e.g. frictionless onboarding, Open Banking, AI etc.)
- Understanding of credit data services, strategies, models, scoring and processes including emerging or new service initiatives
- Experience and the ability to build and articulate a clear business case to demonstrate the value of solutions within lender's decisioning/strategies
- Ability to operate and engage at executive level through to junior analyst level, tailoring the communication and content accordingly
- Proven track record of people and team management experience
- Supporting individuals in workload/capacity management, oversight on projects, formalising and enabling personal development plans, etc.
- Representing the team at TU senior management and exec level
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- A proven track record in Data Science/Analytics
- Experience of designing & building credit scoring models.
Impact You'll Make:
What's In It For you?
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as an excellent salary and bonus scheme or commission scheme (if joining our sales teams) our benefits package comes with:
- 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Global paid wellness days off + a bonus day off to celebrate your birthday
- A generous contributory pension scheme + access to the TransUnion Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Private health care + a variety of physical, mental and financial fitness wellbeing programmes such as access to mindfulness tools
- Access to our diversity forums and communities so you can get involved in causes close to your heart
Our work style for this position is 'hybrid', which involves spending 40% of your working week at one of our office sites so you'll need to live within a sensible commutable distance from our office. We're happy to talk flexible working.
TransUnion - a place to grow:
We know that you may not possess every aspect of the essential and/or desirable skills listed above but if there's something you can't tick off, don't let that put you off applying as we could explore training for you.
Interview & Hiring Process
Most of our recruitment processes are virtual, so you'll get to know our hiring managers and teams over the phone and through video. If we need you to attend a physical in person interview your recruiter will inform you of this.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to attend an interview with us please make us aware of this on your application.
We do not accept any unsolicited CV's from recruitment agencies. If you are a recruitment agency on our PSL our talent team will contact you directly should we require any assistance.
TransUnion Job Title
Sales Dir, Sales Leadership