What you will be doing
The purpose of this role is to support the Global Media' Finance team (notably the CFO, Global Media and the Amplifi Commercial Finance Director in providing timely financial insights and analysis of worldwide revenues.
The role requires a clear articulation of both historic and forward-looking business performance to key stakeholders. A particular focus will be placed on supply-side income generation via Amplifi.
The difference you'll make
- Delivering of dentsu-wide financial management information, ad-hoc analysis and reports for month-end, budgets, re-forecasts (RFs) and three-year strategic plans. Focus will be on ensuring robust insights on the true drivers behind the business' revenue growth.
- Managing Budget/Reforecast guidance with regards to client revenues, splits of revenue by service, supply-side income and worldwide reporting, to be distributed as part of Group instructions.
- Working with Group Commercial Finance and FP&A teams to ensure relevant sources for data capture (e.g., BPC reporting system/Salesforce) are designed and utilised correctly, in the context of dentsu's Master Service Set, to provide best practice manage information on revenue drivers across the dentsu group.
- Working with in-market and regional finance teams to understand business dynamics and ensure that data fed into the group BPC reporting system is accurate and reflective of Amplifi 'supply side' business models and aligns with commercial expectations, with focus on:
- Net Billings accuracy
- Media income classifications and metrics
- Risk and Opportunities within media income FY targets/ forecasts
- Ensuring that benefits associated to centralised investment cases are tracked appropriately.
- Senior point of contact with Bangalore Centre of Excellence team to ensure information extracted from reporting systems delivers on the brief and is articulated correctly to senior business stakeholders, including both analysis and insights. Key elements include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly Finance Pack
- Amplifi Global Management Pack
- Media income reporting
- Primary business "owner" of BPC media cube and Media Owner Reporting process
- Defining and implement best practice regarding information presentation formats to ensure that stakeholders (both in and outside of the finance function) find information easy to digest and implement actions on
- Providing training to local market/ regional finance teams on Master Service Set, Amplifi and Media Income
- Preparing Ad-hoc analytics and review on commercial opportunities for diversification i.e. Agyle, including business cases and scenario modelling
- Key Stakeholders
- Global Strategy Lead
- Amplifi Global President and Chief Commercial Officer
- Group FP&A
- Regional/Market Finance Teams
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified accountant with 7+ years PQE
- Proven experience of business partnering and commercial acumen, with proven capability to communicate financial performance to senior stakeholders.
- Financial analysis & planning experience required.
- Experience of working with remote support teams
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (including modelling)
- Knowledge of the Media industry an advantage
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills and ability to influence.
- Organised, able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines with a strong ability to self-manage.
What else you need to know
This is a permanent role. The team is based in our London office but operates under flexible working arrangements.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what's next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International's radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients, and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
About Dentsu Group (dentsu)
Led by Dentsu Group Inc. (Tokyo: 4324; ISIN: JP3551520004), a pure holding company established on January 1, 2020, the Dentsu Group encompasses two operational networks: dentsu Japan network, which oversees Dentsu's agency operations in Japan, and dentsu international, its international business headquarters in London, which oversees Dentsu's agency operations outside of Japan.
With a strong presence in approximately 145 countries and regions across five continents and with 65,000 dedicated professionals, the Dentsu Group provides a comprehensive range of client-centric integrated communications, media and digital services through its five leadership brands-Carat, dentsu X, iProspect, Dentsu Creative, and Merkle-as well as through Dentsu Japan Network companies, including Dentsu Inc., the world's largest single brand agency with a history of innovation. The Group is also active in the production and marketing of sports and entertainment content on a global scale.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
Inclusion and Diversity
We're proud to be different and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won't define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age, or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. That's what we care about. So, whether you're joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create equal opportunities for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles - we can't promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams. Location: