Survey Solutions is a leading engineering surveyor specialising in land, measured building and underground utility surveys as well as monitoring and site engineering schemes. We are looking to appoint a Management Accountant to join Survey Solutions team, based in our Ipswich office.
This role is to support the team and management meet all deadlines and reporting requirements to the highest standards.
The successful candidate needs have relevant experience working in finance within a similar role, be ready for new systems and be a team player able to adapt and be open to change.Responsibilities
Responsible for Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting:
• Ownership and maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
• Assist in the production of monthly management accounts.
• Calculation of monthly Accruals and Prepayments
• Production of Yearend financial statements and support the Financial Controller with the Yearend Audit
• Assist in meeting group reporting requirements.
• Assist in meeting DSO and DPO targets.
• Preparation of Working Capital Reporting.
Responsible for Tax and Payroll:
• Ensuring all records meet TAX requirements.
• Calculation and submission of yearly P11D’s
• Production of quarterly VAT Returns
• Reviewing tax calculations from Tax advisors
• Production of monthly payroll ensuring correct calculations and Tax codes
• Support HR department with the production of monthly staff KPI’s and analysis
Key role in system implementation and process improvement:
• Assist in the implementation of a new finance system.
• Ownership of chart of account in the finance system and linked systems.
Key role responsibilities:
• Mentoring and development of team
• Any ad-hoc tasks and analysisRequirements
• Qualified / Part Qualified accountant with relevant experience
• Relevant experience working in a similar role and finance department.
• Commercially minded
• Strong Systems, IT and Microsoft office capabilities
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail.
• Team Player
• Open to Change / working with new systems.
• Experience using Business Central and Power BI desirable.Benefits
- 24 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing for years of service up to 30 days
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Birthday gifts
- Long service awards
- Flexible working hours
- Company loans
- Flexible holidays
- Mental health & wellbeing schemes, including access to counselling and an employee assistance programme