The TP ICAP Group is a world leading provider of market infrastructure.
Our purpose is to provide clients with access to global financial and commodities markets, improving price discovery, liquidity, and distribution of data, through responsible and innovative solutions.
Through our people and technology, we connect clients to superior liquidity and data solutions.
The Group is home to a stable of premium brands. Collectively, TP ICAP is the largest interdealer broker in the world by revenue, the number one Energy & Commodities broker in the world, the world's leading provider of OTC data, and an award winning all-to-all trading platform.
The Group operates from more than 60 offices in 27 countries. We are 5,300 people strong. We work as one to achieve our vision of being the world's most trusted, innovative, liquidity and data solutions specialist.
The role will report to the Group Allocations Manager with a daily interaction with TP ICAP's Regional Finance teams, Global business partners and the FP&A team.
The Group Reporting Junior Management Accountant will be instrumental in the smooth operation of the Group's monthly allocations process which impacts across entities in all TP ICAP's 26 geographic locations as well as each Global Division.
The candidate will be responsible for the monthly maintenance of the allocation model and the reporting of results to stakeholders including variance analysis as required. As well as involvement in the day to day operation of a FTSE 250 company's Group Finance department.
This role would suit a candidate who has either recently completed or nearing completion of their professional studies. TP ICAP would support the continuation of professional studies both financially and with additional leave entitlement.
The aim of the role is to manage a transparent allocations process, aid the stakeholder review of the outputs, help with understanding of those outputs and finally an efficient audit of the outputs.
Outside of the allocations timeline the role will provide scope for ad hoc involvement with the production of the group's monthly management accounts, half year and annual results. Duties include:
- Ensuring costs are fully and accurately allocated in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- Creating and maintaining trust in the allocations process
- Producing monthly reporting to the business
- Facilitating maintenance of the inputs into the global allocations model monthly and annually in line with the groups Budgeting and Forecasting timetables
- Processing changes in a controlled manner, understanding the downstream implications.
- Performing month end housekeeping
- Developing and maintain strong relationships across the business
- Facilitating contact between stakeholders to promote understanding of the nature of costs produced and the value of services consumed
- Fulfilling any additional ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Developing reporting as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Producing periodical invoices to overseas centres.
- Identifying and implement process improvements within the allocations tool producing timetable savings I efficiencies where applicable.
Experience / Competences
- Diligent and a high attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Conscientious, self-motivated, resilient and goal oriented
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
- Proactive team player with the ability to communicate at all levels within the Finance.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyse large amounts of data.
- Experience with Oracle and OneStream would be beneficial.
- Either a part-qualified or finalist individual studying towards their accountancy exams. If a candidate is part qualified or similar, we are prepared to consider supporting the remainder of the hired individual's studies.
Not The Perfect Fit?
Concerned that you may not meet the criteria precisely? At TP ICAP, we wholeheartedly believe in fostering inclusivity and cultivating a work environment where everyone can flourish, regardless of your personal or professional background. If you are enthusiastic about this role but find that your experience doesn't align perfectly with every aspect of the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be the ideal candidate for this position or another opportunity within our organisation. Our dedicated Talent Acquisition team is here to assist you in recognising how your unique skills and abilities can be a valuable contribution. Don't hesitate to take the leap and explore the possibilities. Your potential is what truly matters to us.
We know that the best innovation happens when diverse people with different perspectives and skills work together in an inclusive atmosphere. That's why we're building a culture where everyone plays a part in making people feel welcome, ready and willing to contribute. TP ICAP Accord - our Employee Network - is a central to this. As well as representing specific groups, TP ICAP Accord helps increase awareness, collaboration, shares best practice, and holds our firm to account for driving continuous cultural improvement.
UK - 135 Bishopsgate - London