Junior Cost Controller, Finance Assistant
Apply now Position: Junior Cost Controller, Finance Assistant (Full time #536164)
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Mayfair, London Location:
London, United Kingdom
F&B Cost Controller, Finance
SHIFT PATTERN ( 40 hours, 5 days per week)
We're looking for a F&B Cost Controller to join our vibrant and dynamic Finance team.
Mandarin Oriental Mayfair, London is the newest jewel to be opening in Mayfair. It's another world; an oasis of calm in the heart of the city, with the most attentive service. A world that's all about our guests.
We are seeking a F&B Cost Controller to assist the Finance and F&B team, in the determination, ordering, optimum stock and cost control objectives. They will play a key role in liaising information between Finance and all F&B outlets to ensure a well-stocked and managed operation. Mandarin Oriental Mayfair sits on the historic Hanover Square, the property comprises 50 guest rooms and 77 residences offering our guests an oasis of calm alongside a vibrant F&B space with 4 outlets and an urban spa
As a F&B Cost Controller at Mandarin Oriental Mayfair, you will be responsible for:
- Completing monthly reconciliations
- Ensuring that all food, beverage, tobacco and other F&B related stock deliveries are correctly recorded in the inventory stock control system.
- Ensuring all F&B stock requisitions and issues are correctly recorded and allocated to the relevant cost centre i.e. restaurant, bar, cellar, dry goods store.
- Ensuring that all delivery documentation is checked and authorised by the Purchasing department before inputting into the accounting system.
- Ensuring that any transfer of items between cost centres are properly input into the stock system.
- Carrying out monthly stock takes in all areas: beverage, mini bar.
- Maintaining the inventory stock control system for all beverage and mini bar items in accordance with the SOP.
- Investigating variances, reports the findings to the Head of Purchasing and Finance Supervisor on a regular basis
In return, you will receive an array of iconic benefits, such as:
- Excellent career progression with an iconic, luxury, global hotel brand. A lot of our colleagues joined us at the beginning of their career and are now leading their own teams and divisions.
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities for all levels of staff, with targeted development programs to get you ready for the next step in your career.
- 3 complimentary nights per year, increasing to 5 with length of service
- Discounted stays at our beautiful properties across the Group
- Access to discounts and deals with over 500 popular high street retailers, including discounted gym memberships and travel deals
- 30% F&B & Spa discount
- Friends & Family hotel rate and Spa discount
- 1 paid Charity Day per year to dedicate to a charity of your choice
- Season ticket loan & cycle to work scheme
- £750 recruitment referral bonus
- Free meals on duty & uniform dry-cleaning services
- Increased holiday entitlement with Length of Service, up to 33 days off
- Free Life Insurance benefits whilst in service
- Company pension plan
- Access to Hospitality Action's Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Recognition Programmes
- Social, wellbeing, charity, and sporting events throughout the year
SUSTAINABILITY AT MANDARIN ORIENTAL
Corporate responsibility values are deeply ingrained in Mandarin Oriental's culture, and sustainability implications are carefully considered with every decision across the Group, aligning our sustainable development efforts with the industry criteria set by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council.
We strive for a better future for the next generation. Protecting the environment, people and communities are the fundamental pillars to which we devote our efforts. We are very proud of the initiatives our colleagues have implemented to help us on the path to achieving our sustainability goals, such as single-use plastic elimination, ethical supply chain and procurement, community and colleague engagement, technology practices and waste reduction. We are committed to doing the right thing, every day.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is better for everyone. Bringing individuals together is essential to the long-term success of our people, our business and the societies and economies in which we operate.
All colleagues, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, background or religion, should be treated fairly and with respect, should be given equal opportunities, and be valued for the contributions they make in their roles. No form of bullying, intimidation, discrimination or harassment of others will be tolerated.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK.
Please note, all candidates applying for this role must have obtained the right to work and live in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.