A vacancy has arisen within Admiral Money for a Mortgages Credit Risk Manager within the Mortgages team, reporting directly to the Head of Credit Risk & Pricing
Admiral Money is growing and as we continue to broaden our products for the UK consumer we are now in the process of launching a new product, 2nd charge mortgages!
The Specialist Mortgage team will operate as a start-up within Admiral Money. It will operate as a team with appropriate specialists across all functions but with the added support and benefits of being part of Admiral Money and the wider Admiral Group.
About Admiral Money
Admiral Money is an exciting, new division of Admiral Group. We have the freedom and innovation of a small start up with the security of a large parent company, Admiral.
The journey started when we launched unsecured personal loans in June 2017. We went on to be the first direct to consumer car finance provider in December 2017. Since then, we have gone from strength to strength and have some exciting plans for the future.
We're looking for people who are keen to learn, excited about getting stuck in and are ready for a challenge to help us to achieve our aim of creating a special lending business for our customers.
This is a broad role which includes managing the credit policy, referral strategy, affordability process, Open Banking usage, price-setting and much more. They will be responsible for optimising existing processes whilst supporting key strategic projects.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative and high-profile environment, and will be required to hit the ground running. Candidates will be given responsibility to set direction and lead the way, whilst very much retaining a hands-on approach.
- Managing the credit policy for the mortgages portfolio
- Monitoring funnel and arrears performance and continually looking for areas of improvement
- Ensuring data is utilised in an optimal way in order to benefit customer and broker journeys
- Understanding and optimising the referral journey by balancing risk and automation
- Reviewing the underwriting strategy and constantly looking for areas of improvement
- Exploring new products and data services that would improve the decisioning and pricing capabilities
- Optimise our approach to affordability decisioning, including income verification, whilst ensuring we lend responsibly and comply to regulatory requirements
- Working alongside our Data and BI colleagues to deliver best-in-class MI
- Representing Credit Risk in relevant forums and updating key stakeholders on the team's activities and performance
- Prioritising workloads to meet SLAs and deliver on department objectives
Required skills and experience
- At least five years' experience in mortgage lending within a credit risk environment (or similar) is essential
- Experience of writing board/committee papers and strategy documents
- Have the confidence to challenge existing work practices to ensure we are continuously improving
- A strong focus on quality, receptive to feedback and effective when giving feedback to others
- Experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Second charge mortgages
- Pricing strategy
- Model Building/Validation
- Fraud risk strategy
- Financial Crime
- Open Banking/PSD2
- Consumer Duty
- Managing a team
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration