MATCHES is the go-to destination for the ultimate modern luxury products and experiences. Because we believe fashion is a tool for self-expression, we deliver the best in global fashion by inspiring and engaging our customers with fashion for every moment of their lives. Since Tom and Ruth Chapman opened our first store in Wimbledon in 1990, MATCHES has led the way in luxury fashion. A British brand with a heritage spanning over 30 years, today, we offer customers worldwide a unique luxury edit of the best brands globally. We aim to be the most personal luxury shopping experience in the world, whether you join us online, through our app, at our shops and pioneering retail destination, 5 Carlos Place.ROLE
We are looking for a new Management Accountant, in a team of 2-3 reporting into the Corporate Financial Controller. The Financial Control team is responsible for all internal and external financial reporting.ABOUT YOU:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Previous accounting experience in a finance team, ideally within a retail business but not essential
- ACCA, CIMA, ACA Qualified Accountant
- Experience of IFRS is desirable
- Motivated individual with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to investigate variances and create new accounting processes
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Knowledge of Business Central and NAV is advantageous
- Coordinate the month end process and maintain the monthly management accounts pack, ensuring accurate reporting in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Play a key role in the year end statutory audit, including assisting in the preparation of UK subsidiary and Group accounts
- Provide coaching to other team members as and when required.
- Preparation of bank reporting as required, for example covenant calculations
- Preparation and posting of month end accruals, prepayments and other journals.
- Manage and maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Communicating with the commercial finance team to understand current and committed spend for key areas of the business.
- Maintain the balance sheet lead schedule of account reconciliations, identifying and explaining key variances.
- Office for National Statistics submissions
- 33 days’ holiday including bank holidays - and you’re free to choose when you take your bank holiday days
- Option to buy 5 additional holiday days through salary sacrifice
- Additional day off for your birthday
- 50% employee discount on most brands and products on our website
- Access to Health Cash Plan, including dental, glasses and contact lenses, physiotherapy and more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan
- Up to 4% company pension contribution