Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we're 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world's most trusted financial group, it's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
1) Main Purpose and Accountability of the Role - EIA AVP
Specifically, you have accountability for EMEA Internal Audit (EIA)
Audit Managers are responsible for completing the execution and delivery of audit engagements, working within audit teams on the scoping, planning and reporting of audits, issue validation, and continuous monitoring activities. On occasions, they might also act as audit leads. Audit managers will have strong project management skills, be structured in their approach to work and will be able to manage and prioritise work. Delivery and execution of all engagements must adhere to audit methodology and standards, meet established deadlines, and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within the audit file.
2) Roles, Scope and Reporting Structure
- Authority from, and Reporting to: Vice President, Senior Audit Manager, Global Markets
3) Key Responsibilities
Specifically, you will be accountable and responsible for taking appropriate action with respect to MUFG Internal Audit, EMEA (EIA), including:
Audit Delivery and Planning
- Responsible for the maintenance of the audit universe and risk assessments of assigned Auditable Entities.
- Responsible for s upporting the Audit Directors/Senior Audit Managers to dynamically manage the audit plan for the assigned portfolio considering whether it remains relevant throughout the year, proposing changes as appropriate. Escalate any challenges that might impact the audit delivery timelines to Audit Directors /Senior Audit Managers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of the assigned audits within the audit plan and issue management/validation on time and within EIA Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), with limited supervision and to the required methodology and Quality Assurance standards. In particular:
- Deliver risk-based audit engagements and demonstrate appropriate coverage of the key risks.
- Where assigned, Project manage audit engagements with clear focus on timelines with strong supervision of the team deliverables, including timely review of workpapers.
- Monitor own delivery of tasks effectively and deliver within the deadline set; and meet interim milestones and avoid overruns. Timely document workpapers.
- Escalate and agree potential findings and management action plans promptly with key business stakeholders.
- Coordinate issue follow-up with stakeholders and validate issues to the required quality standards and within relevant KPIs leveraging desktop validation where appropriate.
- Maintain regular touchpoints with stakeholders to drive and support effective issue management and promptly escalate challenges.
- Deliver audit workpapers and files to meet all QA standards.
- Ensure data quality is in line with data quality related deadlines and expectations.
- Responsible for producing audit reports and individual issues that are written for executive audience - impactful, clear key messages, factual, active voice and written in line with effective business writing requirements and needing minimum edits by Audit Directors/ExCo/CAE.
- Responsible for supporting the Audit Directors to provide clear, concise and accurate senior executive and governance committee papers on time - including Audit Committee, Risk Committee, Control Environment and MCA Opinions.
- Responsible for developing constructive, collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders (as assigned by the Director) providing a commercial perspective and effective challenge and guidance as 'an independent respected' voice. Share best practices and feedback from industry network and other external sources; partner on initiatives and remediation activities. Support the One MUFG and overall Group strategy.
- Responsible for establishing regular meetings with any assigned stakeholders, building trust, and bringing a collaborative mindset and a calibrated view on risk when providing check and challenge.
- Responsible for supporting the embedding of the agile framework to improve frequency and quality of stakeholder interaction during audits and raising issues as you go. Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve effective agile outcomes - remove blockers, achieve shorter audit execution times, improve the stakeholder experience.
- Responsible for supporting the Portfolio Director's influence of change within the organisation and provide insights on industry risk and control best practices and emerging risks.
- Where assigned by the Audit Director, responsible for partnering with stakeholders to demonstrate impact and influence through tangible outcomes and raised standards of controls and behaviours in the Stakeholders Control Environment. Responsible for generating their own ideas to achieve the same goal.
- Through Continuous Monitoring, responsible for identifying and escalating emerging risk or any material changes that might impact the audit universe, risk assessment, audit plan to Audit Directors/ExCo.
- Responsible for supporting EIA in governance fora, working groups and relevant committees as assigned by Audit Directors/ExCo /CAE in the capacity required.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to show broader enterprise wide leadership outside the function, through I&D type roles, thematic analysis or integrated assurance work.
- Responsible for communicating with Executive presence to management - focus on being crisp in communication.
3) Leadership and Team Transformation
- Responsible for actively participating in the development and implementation of the long-term vision, strategy and target operating model of Internal Audit. In particular, responsible to:
- Demonstrate a culture of high performance and continuous improvement. Set high standards of performance and behaviour for self and the team. Display a sense of urgency to complete tasks within short turnaround times and holding others accountable for non/late delivery of required tasks or quality.
- Demonstrate personal leadership and engagement. Demonstrate curiosity - seek out new experiences, ideas and knowledge, seek feedback and learn new things to develop. Learn from mistakes in the organisation and the industry.
- Own the message - consistently support strategic messages and plans, overcome resistance and drive progress and cultural change through the team.
- Actively engage and participate in MUFG Inclusion & Diversity initiatives and the various EMEA Employee Networks.
- Look for opportunities to show "Enterprise Wide" leadership outside of EIA.
- Share relevant read-across topics with the stakeholders and within EIA.
4) Inspire the team and improve people practices and career development within EMEA IA
- Responsible for supporting the Audit Director and Senior Audit Manager to develop a high performing team through quality of performance and talent management, motivation and inspiration of more junior staff, and promoting a positive workforce culture. In particular, responsible to:
- Collaborate with Audit Directors, Senior Audit Managers and ExCo to deliver the MUFG Audit Vision and Strategy, and a united vision to our people. Create a common employee experience.
- Drive an output-orientated culture through flexibility with hybrid working, embracing new ways of working (including MS Teams) and ensuring 3 day required office attendance.
- Drive and create a safe working environment that upholds MUFG and EIA culture principles especially those related to D&I, Speak up Listen up.
- Flex communication style to more effectively build relationships within the team and with stakeholders.
- Create trust with staff, role model vulnerability and act on feedback in the right way to facilitate upwards feedback. Actively coach other AVPs and analysts on audit tasks and enable employee and team development. Provide regular balanced, positive and high-quality constructive feedback and deliver the tough messages promptly when required.
- Drive and create opportunities to increase staff engagement and recognise and celebrate individual and team success.
6) Technical Capability
You are responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate level of knowledge in key areas of the portfolio. These areas will be agreed with the Head of Audit based on the team's skills assessment matrix.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up. Speak Up.
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute