£65,000 - £80,000 DOE
My client is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy; specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure.
Due to continuing growth within the organisation, they are seeking to expand their support team by employing dedicated resources in this area. Working with a high performing, service-oriented, collaborative team.
They are looking for a Financial Manager to join the London office. This is an exciting time for the business, as they go through expansion and have a growing portfolio of landmark buildings and infrastructure projects.
You will work closely with the Senior management team to help develop our strategy for growth. You will provide commercially sound analysis to facilitate key decision making by our senior management team.Role and Responsibilities
Experience and knowledge
- Lead UK monthly and annual closings, in accordance with Group requirements and IFRS.
- Preparation of month end Management Accounts (book-keeping and posting of journals at month end).
- Ensure timely completion of commercial project reviews.
- Consolidate, summarise, and present to regional management the closing results, vs Budget and forecasts, along with analysis of deviations.
- With assistance from the finance team, ensure the timely payment of creditors and monitor client payments.
- Participate in development of office strategies including of preparation of strategy documents, business plans and facilitating strategy workshops.
- Lead preparation of annual UK budgets, monthly reviews, and forecasts.
- Manage weekly and monthly cashflow analysis.
- Lead statutory reporting under IFRS and liaison with auditors, tax, and other business advisors
- VAT/Tax filing submissions and compliance.
- End-to-end ownership of UK accounting deliverables, assisted by direct reports and support from senior management.
- 5+ years post qualification experience in Finance and Accounting
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Sage/SAP experience beneficial
- Knowledge in construction or engineering is beneficial
- CPA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Hands-on, very well organised, self-motivated.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership to project teams