The Accounts Payable Clerk will provide a payments function and Sub Contract Tax Accounting function for all of the Laing O'Rourke group of companies, in a responsive, timely and, where appropriate, pro-active way and in line with Group Policies. The Accounts Payable Clerk will manage invoices, answer queries, and maintain positive supplier relationships. Functions:
- Maintain and review invoices as per queries assigned to you on the Problem Invoice Workbench on a regular basis to ensure invoices are approved and paid within supplier's payment terms
- Manage any Unallocated cash on a regular basis, always before month end
- Improve and maintain site/procurement relationships
- Ecommerce - Configuration of Coins, testing & implementation, resolving issues
- Ad hoc Purchase Ledger assignments as assigned by Accounts Payable Manager or Deputy Accounts Payable Manager
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Ensure that centrally established Finance processes are adopted and delivered without compromise, but updated where appropriate and necessary and any such updates to be reviewed by Head of Transactional Processing before implementation
- Take part in any Finance internal training provided to ensure continually up to date with rest of team and current legislation
- Continuously strive to influence and add value to the overall performance of the Accounts Payable Team
- Strong Purchase Ledger skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation
- Ability to prioritise
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately with strong attention to detail
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Laing O'Rourke are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.