As a Finance Assistant within AAB's Hotel Accounting business, you will support the Management Accountant in delivering accurate and timely financial information to our hotel clients. You will be responsible for the processing of the daily financial transactions relating to your hotel portfolio, including daily revenues, purchase ledger, and bank reconciliations. You will support the Management Accountant with other key processes within the wider finance team, such as month end reporting, and process improvements, as well as general finance administration duties. Key
- Daily Income Audit, including revenue and ledger review and balancing.
- Processing/review of purchase invoices, and assisting with preparation of supplier payment runs, in line with agreed timescales and with appropriate approvals.
- General maintenance of the purchase ledger, including reconciling supplier statements, regular review of Aged Creditor ledgers, and communication with key stakeholders on any unresolved issues.
- Daily bank reconciliations, ensuring all reconciling items are investigated and resolved, and regular communication with key stakeholders on any unresolved issues.
- Managing internal/external queries to resolution through investigation, reconciliation, and escalation.
- Key support to the Management Accountant, including regular communication of matters pertaining to hotel portfolio, ad-hoc accounting duties, and assisting with month-end closing activities.
Entry level position, suitable for candidate who wants to develop and progress within a finance role.Minimum Level of Experience
Transactional finance experience essential, AP & Bank experience desired. Skills Required
- Proactive self-starter with ability to problem solve.
- Organising and prioritising work to meet reporting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of IT literacy, including strong Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of Business Central highly desirable.
- Hotel knowledge would be advantageous.