DWF is a dynamic and forward-thinking full-service law firm with a unique vision of becoming the leading global provider of integrated legal and business services. With 4000 employees across 30 locations and an annual turnover of £380m, we are dedicated to building a global professional services business rooted in law.
We are seeking a Billing team leader to join our Finance Operations team. While primarily focused on billing, this role offers exposure to various finance functions such as Credit Control, Cashiering, Accounts Payable, and Transformation. As we undergo significant change to enhance our service delivery, we seek adaptable individuals who can seamlessly transition between roles and drive innovation. Main Duties:
- Day to day leadership responsibilities for the Invoicing team
- Take ownership of queries raised and see through to resolution
- Management of Invoicing Queries mailbox, ensuring team SLAs are met
- Oversee complex invoicing e.g. bordereaux and composite invoicing
- Standardise, simplify and automate complex billing processes, and look for opportunities to simplify the user experience for lawyers
- Strong working knowledge across all clients so you are able to support your team with Invoicing activity when required
Candidate Profile: Skills, Experience, and Personal Characteristics: Core skills and experience required:
- Monitor the team's performance on a regular basis and address any performance issues
- Ownership of specific reporting tasks for the business and within Finance
- Monitor process and individual performance against agreed key performance indicators
- Proactively drive the improvement of 'upstream' processes to reduce invoice error rates
- Support a number of transformation initiatives to increase the speed and accuracy of the team's work
- Design new billing processes for new departments using 'zero-based' principles
- Deliver and promote a world class customer service culture
Beneficial Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to motivate and improve the performance of team members
- Able communicator, able to get messages across with clarity and precision
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of best practice billing processes
- Track record of delivering measurable process improvements
- Solutions-oriented mindset, innovative and able to come up 'outside the box' solutions
- Detail oriented approach with significant emphasis on achieving a high quality of work
- A confident user of Microsoft Excel to intermediate level
Why Join Us:
- Previous law firm experience
- Previous experience in a high volume/ shared services type environment
- Knowledge of 3E and e-billing solutions
- Knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules and VAT
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a global firm.
- Work alongside award-winning finance leaders.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Chance to make a significant impact on service quality.
At DWF, we deeply appreciate the significance of offering a comprehensive rewards package that extends beyond a basic salary. Our commitment is to ensure that each member of our team not only feels valued but is also duly rewarded throughout their tenure with us. Upon joining our organisation, you will have the opportunity to select from a diverse array of benefits, allowing you to carefully tailor a package that perfectly aligns with your individual needs and those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits, we offer a wide range of flexible benefits and robust well-being programs.
Our recruitment process upholds the highest standards of fairness and engagement. It includes comprehensive interviews and, at times, a written assessment, an assessment day, or presentation. We aim to create a positive experience for all candidates and offer any adjustments or additional support for more details follow this link: https://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles
In the event that external support is required to fill a vacancy, the role will be shared exclusively with select agencies from our Preferred Supplier List. We request recruitment agencies not to send unsolicited candidate submissions to DWF, no fees will be applicable.
If you're ready to take on a diverse role within a dynamic team and contribute to our transformation journey, apply now!